Windows 10: Why is there such a huge difference between app sizes? / freeing up more space

Discus and support Why is there such a huge difference between app sizes? / freeing up more space in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop with around 256 G of storage. After a while, I began running low on storage space (more than a quarter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/123fury321, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Why is there such a huge difference between app sizes? / freeing up more space

Why is there such a huge difference between app sizes? / freeing up more space HyKM3BQ1nPj-o4NqpNJ-OIvjvx6NHmr8gx3KeMwkXnE.jpg

Hello, I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop with around 256 G of storage. After a while, I began running low on storage space (more than a quarter are window system files and other files), so I decided to uninstall some apps. When I looked at the info in the "Storage" tab in settings, it showed that the app sizes were around 90 gigs. On the control panel, it was only around 20.

https://preview.redd.it/wo77uhb9xri...bp&s=fc2d0dcf4a01ceefd7f583332e399974e0837454

https://preview.redd.it/h73022pbxri...bp&s=649fe67b3a32ad6d2d540f8619168d2605c32ae2

Why is there such a huge difference? Are there any advice on keeping files clean and getting rid of unused files? Any help would be appreciated Why is there such a huge difference between app sizes? / freeing up more space :)

submitted by /u/123fury321
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/123fury321, Feb 21, 2021

2. 'other' folder & app size

What's this 'others' folders in windows phone memory. It's eating a huge amount of space (2 GB!!!) out of 7.8 GB in my lumia 720. Also while checking the storage inside phone, the installed app size is very huge as compared to when downloaded. e.g an app
    size of 14 MB, when installed, shows a size of 200 MB on phone!! Isn't is ridiculous. Can anyone pl explain this difference & also how to clear this 'others' folder for freeing up significant space.

Rajesh K Gupta, Feb 21, 2021
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 21, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Why is there such a huge difference between app sizes? / freeing up more space

Font Size

Hi Ken,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to change the font size.

• open Kindle app

• Hamburger icon on the top left

• Then select settings

• Click on options and check if you are able to find options for font settings
    You can try this short cut by pressing Ctrl button with scrolling your mouse to zoom the screen size.

Feel free to reply to us for further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Why is there such a huge difference between app sizes? / freeing up more space

1. Why is there such a huge difference between app sizes? / freeing up more space - Similar Threads - Why such huge

2. Why is there a huge difference in DPI settings between 145% and 150%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a huge difference in DPI settings between 145% and 150%?: I've had a problem very occasionally with some programs that don't take into account that some people will select a different DPI setting and their text spills over so its not visible. Thankfully this is rare. But I just noticed when I changed from 150% to 145% there was a...
  3. Why is there a huge difference in DPI settings between 145% and 150%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there a huge difference in DPI settings between 145% and 150%?: I've had a problem very occasionally with some programs that don't take into account that some people will select a different DPI setting and their text spills over so its not visible. Thankfully this is rare. But I just noticed when I changed from 150% to 145% there was a...
  4. There's a huge gap between the size, any help?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There's a huge gap between the size, any help?: So I have already ticked the show hidden files, and checked all the folder sizes in D: but there's still a huge gap between them, any other possibilities or what?...
  5. There's a huge gap between the size, any help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's a huge gap between the size, any help?: So I have already ticked the show hidden files, and checked all the folder sizes in D: but there's still a huge gap between them, any other possibilities or what?...
  6. There's a huge gap between the size, any help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What's the difference between Size and Size on Disk? Disk Partition showing wrong space...

What's the difference between Size and Size on Disk? Disk Partition showing wrong space...: [This question has been answered. Thanks to Carlo. Please Answer 1 more question that is below]My E drive Not a system drive is showing 4.61GB size. But, it's showing 4.62GB size on disk. What's the difference between these? Actually in another drive the difference is 3GB...
  8. How to free up more space?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to free up more space?: How to free up more space? Free up some space by going to Settings > System > Storage > click on Free up space now? I do not have Free up space now, Does anyone know where/how to free up space? Please adise, Thanks, Lostintrama...
  9. Disconnect between available free space and total size of scanned drives

Disconnect between available free space and total size of scanned drives: I just posted another question that got answered to download treesizefree. I did, and it showed me that the heavy storage on my PC was due to Iphone file backups. I removed them But it is still saying that there is only 32GB of free space of 212GB, but my drive is only...
  10. ununstall apps to free up space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ununstall apps to free up space: I need to uninstall apps to free up space how do I know if they are important to my computer or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ununstall-apps-to-free-up-space/18906aba-c44e-44dd-8197-e51e220ec44b