Windows 10: Why is this happening? Can’t move files to desktop?

Discus and support Why is this happening? Can’t move files to desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Spyderrock [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spyderrock, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Why is this happening? Can’t move files to desktop?

/u/Spyderrock, Mar 24, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Why is this happening? Can’t move files to desktop?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Why is this happening? Can’t move files to desktop?

1. Why is this happening? Can’t move files to desktop? - Similar Threads - Why happening Can’t

2. OneDrive moves desktop directory: why?????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive moves desktop directory: why?????: Why on earth does OneDrive on factory default windows move the desktop from c:\users into a OneDrive folder? If you are going to force the default OneDrive setup to make users do a desktop backup, surely MOVING their desktop directory is the most braindead possible way of...
  3. OneDrive moves desktop directory: why?????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive moves desktop directory: why?????: Why on earth does OneDrive on factory default windows move the desktop from c:\users into a OneDrive folder? If you are going to force the default OneDrive setup to make users do a desktop backup, surely MOVING their desktop directory is the most braindead possible way of...
  4. WHY is onedrive moving my desktop files, and why is it backing up everything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY is onedrive moving my desktop files, and why is it backing up everything?: I wanted a cloud for pics and vids... NOT all my games and apps... Now I have to reload hundreds of Gigabytes of data from the recycle bin in one drive and i cant figure out how to stop this.....
  5. WHY is onedrive moving my desktop files, and why is it backing up everything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY is onedrive moving my desktop files, and why is it backing up everything?: I wanted a cloud for pics and vids... NOT all my games and apps... Now I have to reload hundreds of Gigabytes of data from the recycle bin in one drive and i cant figure out how to stop this.....
  6. Can’t move desktop icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t move desktop icons in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are unable to or cannot move desktop icons in Windows 10 then […] This article Can’t move desktop icons in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. WIndows desktop: moving files into folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows desktop: moving files into folders: When I want to drag a file Word, Excel, etc. on my desktop to a folder on my desktop, I want to be able to hover the file over the folder and while hovering, the folder opens up and displays subfolders...at that point I can position the file over the subfolder, let go of the...
  8. Moving desktop files to onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving desktop files to onedrive: I moved an entire file folder from desktop to OneDrive, and now I can't find it. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-desktop-files-to-onedrive/466b9a61-09fe-40b8-b923-4367ff16e2cb
  9. Why is this happening or not happening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is this happening or not happening: I have 50 feature updates for may update 1903 but 1903 hasn't and won't install. Now I am downloading feature updates for 1909 but it hasn't installed either...
  10. Desktop files not moving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop files not moving: Hello.This has been a long problem that hasnt concerned me,but now i am very concerned as i need to move some files.I tried all the tutorials on youtube possible.Nothing works.I am afraid that there is a virus.Please help....