Windows 10: Why is this happening? Just tried updating windows and now it can’t load my profile...

Discus and support Why is this happening? Just tried updating windows and now it can’t load my profile... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Steely24 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Steely24, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Why is this happening? Just tried updating windows and now it can’t load my profile...

/u/Steely24, Mar 29, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Why is this happening? Just tried updating windows and now it can’t load my profile... :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 29, 2021
  3. VinceB Win User
    User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

Brink:
    I am using registry editor from command prompt. Drilled down to c:windows\system32\config inside the Load Hive dialog window. Have selected (checked box) the SAM file; clicking on Open opens error message that says:

SAM
    This file is in use.
    Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program.

_______

I am at a loss, since I am not running any other program!

Any suggestions?

The SAM file is listed as being 64KB file size.

VinceB, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Why is this happening? Just tried updating windows and now it can’t load my profile...

User profile cannot be loaded

Hi Calliandra,

The issue you're experiencing with signing into your Windows PC might be due to a corrupted user profile. That being said, we'll need more information to isolate the possible causes of your concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried signing into your Windows PC using a different user profile?
    • Did you restart your PC after the update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Devlin Sco, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Why is this happening? Just tried updating windows and now it can’t load my profile...

1. Why is this happening? Just tried updating windows and now it can’t load my profile... - Similar Threads - Why happening tried

2. Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?: I just noticed this today. I turned off my computer for a while and noticed a black screen with the black Windows box saying shutting down and all. Restarted the computer just now, and the black screen and Windows box shows up. Ctrl + Alt + Del and I typed the pin. This has...
  3. Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?: I just noticed this today. I turned off my computer for a while and noticed a black screen with the black Windows box saying shutting down and all. Restarted the computer just now, and the black screen and Windows box shows up. Ctrl + Alt + Del and I typed the pin. This has...
  4. Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Crtl + Alt + Del just to sign in. Why is this happening now?: I just notice this today. I turned off my computer for a while and noticed a black screen with the black Windows box saying shutting down and all. Restarted the computer just now, and the black screen and windows box shows up. Ctrl + Alt + Del and I typed the pin. This has...
  5. I dont know why this is happening just now

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I dont know why this is happening just now: I was messing with my mic settings trying to get my voicemod to work when i realized that my friends couldn't hear me anymore. I ran a microphone test i think in the "change system sounds" menu and now its saying that my detachable mic isn't plugged in. please help I don't...
  6. Infinite loading and select/deselecting of everything, just happened now, was completely...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Infinite loading and select/deselecting of everything, just happened now, was completely...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sen0rs0up [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kkicpx/infinite_loading_and_selectdeselecting_of/
  7. Just restarted to install an update and now Windows won't load

Just restarted to install an update and now Windows won't load: When I restart now I see the motherboard boot and then it says "preparing automatic repair" then it brings me to a "Choose an Option" screen with the options being Continue, use a device, troubleshoot, or turn off. Continue restarts the computer and repeats the cycle. I don't...
  8. Why does this happen? Just finished some windows update and now this happens everytime I...

Why does this happen? Just finished some windows update and now this happens everytime I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Originalcontent1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9h7pk/why_does_this_happen_just_finished_some_windows/
  9. Just updated to windows 2004 and now it’s just been loading for minutes ?

Just updated to windows 2004 and now it’s just been loading for minutes ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TotallyTupac [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0j7w2/just_updated_to_windows_2004_and_now_its_just/
  10. Just WHY is this happening!?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just WHY is this happening!?: I have a HP laptop 15, and I’ve system restored it 2 times And factory reset 4 times! Not 1, not 2,not 3, but 4 times! Two of which i have removed every file, and reinstalled windows 10! Did this help? Only for a couple of months! First it was all programs not responding and...