Windows 10: Why is this happening? User's folders don't appear in file explorer, but all the files are...

Discus and support Why is this happening? User's folders don't appear in file explorer, but all the files are... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MaximumRecursion [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MaximumRecursion, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Why is this happening? User's folders don't appear in file explorer, but all the files are...

/u/MaximumRecursion, Jan 17, 2020

2. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 17, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Polarman Win User

Why is this happening? User's folders don't appear in file explorer, but all the files are...

Anyone knows what these files are?

Those are Super Hidden Files which as the name implies files which are hidden from the user even more than normal hidden files.

Even if you enable the ability to view hidden files and folders in Explorer these super hidden files/folders will still not be displayed.

Polarman, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Why is this happening? User's folders don't appear in file explorer, but all the files are...

1. Why is this happening? User's folders don't appear in file explorer, but all the files are... - Similar Threads - Why happening User's

2. Files don't appear in folder upon change in the folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files don't appear in folder upon change in the folder: When I create a new file in a folder, it doesn't appear in the folder.I have to refresh the folder for the file to show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-dont-appear-in-folder-upon-change-in-the/4dfe9904-c46d-4add-9f49-4b1f47b96472
  3. Files don't appear in folder upon change in the folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files don't appear in folder upon change in the folder: When I create a new file in a folder, it doesn't appear in the folder.I have to refresh the folder for the file to show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-dont-appear-in-folder-upon-change-in-the/4dfe9904-c46d-4add-9f49-4b1f47b96472
  4. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program folders not appearing in File Explorer: I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m...
  5. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program folders not appearing in File Explorer: I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m...
  6. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. User profiles and File Explorer USERS folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User profiles and File Explorer USERS folders: When I started up my new HP laptop it used my signon name to create a "myname" profile but it didn't create any files under /USERS/myname. I than created another account profile with"newname" with administrator permission as an emergency backup. That profile name was given...
  8. Why is file explorer not searching hidden folders in the users folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is file explorer not searching hidden folders in the users folder?: Please pay attention: (shown in picture) I've put a file in: C:\Users\jorge\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles\ and the same file in: C:\Users\anton\Documents When I do a File Explorer search for this file in the users folder (c:\users) or inside a user's folder...
  9. Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer: After an update, I found a new user in my Users folder in the file explorer. It seems to have all of the files my user has, but it has a weird name. I'm not sure if I was hacked or if it is a glitch, please help....
  10. OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer: I'm not sure when this happened (prior to my Anniversary update), but something has gone weird in File Explorer. When I view my user folder (from the left navigation of FE), the sub folders for Documents and Pictures shown aren't my local folders at all, but OneDrive folders....