Windows 10: Why is this super common audio crackling/popping issue still being ignored?

Discus and support Why is this super common audio crackling/popping issue still being ignored? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This thread by /u/BakerBoy__ from 6 months ago is a pretty good history of the issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/reluctantly_msonly, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Why is this super common audio crackling/popping issue still being ignored?

This thread by /u/BakerBoy__ from 6 months ago is a pretty good history of the issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cgyul2/audio_crackling_and_popping/

There is a very simple video on YouTube with reproduction steps. I suspect many people with Windows 10 PCs are able to reproduce this issue. I have been able to reproduce this issue on multiple Windows PCs, including my work PC--everything with the latest updates.

10 Second Reproduction Steps

Maybe this is a Realtek issue, but with how common this is it would be great to at least see an official response to this. For most people most of the time it's minor, but if you're doing something where you hear that popping every 10-15 seconds it gets painful and maddening. I'm sure I'm going to regret the amount of emotion in this post, I just can't help it...I can't stand having this crackling in my ears constantly.

This ended up helping slightly, but not fixing the issue.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/8gd82r/audio_popping_after_upgrade_try_this/

I'm open to trying new things to fix it, but please don't suggest something unless it's fixed the issue for someone else. A lot of people suggested re-installing Windows on other threads, but that's a lot of work if it's not going to fix the issue, and I haven't seen a single person report that fixing the issue. I've also already tried rebooting, reinstalling drivers, running LatencyMon, etc.

submitted by /u/reluctantly_msonly
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/reluctantly_msonly, Jan 27, 2020

2. Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

USB headphones have never been kind to me. They always hiss, pop and crackle. The fact that you can hear it when no audio is being played suggests it's a power /connection issue.

Do you have any 3.5mm or RCA based headphones you can try?

newconroer, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Fai9al023 Win User
    Audio Pop/Stutter/Crackle When Stopping Audio

I've been having this issue for the past two days, and I've tried everything to no avail.
    Basically this is the issue:
    I get a pop/crackle when I suddenly stop audio.
    What I'm running:

• Schiit Uber Stack.
    • Win 10 PC.
    What I've tried:

• Tried onboard audio, still get the problem.
    • Tried onboard audio on both my PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried my stack on both PC and laptop, still get the problem.
    • Tried using a DPC latency checker, everything seems fine there.
    • Tried different headphones just in case, wasn't the issue.
    • Tried changing audio format, still get the problem.
    • +literally tried 99 other things *Tongue

That pop is happening when I suddenly stop the sound effect. I get that pop when a Windows notification shows up. My friend's voice on Discord also pops every couple of seconds (100% sure it's not his mic).
    Any help is appreciated!
    (Just to clarify, I made sure it's not a hardware issue, so something within Win 10 is screwing with me)

I WILL LITERALLY PAYPAL ANYONE WHO FINDS ME A SOLUTION $10 *chuckle

(Yup, I'm losing my mind and I'm that desperate lol)

Fai9al023, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Why is this super common audio crackling/popping issue still being ignored?

Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

No idea what either of those are.

Aceman.au, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Why is this super common audio crackling/popping issue still being ignored?

1. Why is this super common audio crackling/popping issue still being ignored? - Similar Threads - Why super common

2. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio popping and crackling: Hello,Starting this Monday 28/02/2022, all of my audio through wireless USB headsets have started popping and crackling every few seconds. I have now ruled out 2.4ghz interference, I have completely formatted my drive and re-installed Windows 10, yet the issue still persists....
  3. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio popping and crackling: Hello,Starting this Monday 28/02/2022, all of my audio through wireless USB headsets have started popping and crackling every few seconds. I have now ruled out 2.4ghz interference, I have completely formatted my drive and re-installed Windows 10, yet the issue still persists....
  4. Audio Popping and Crackling Still Despite Doing All Common Fix Reccomendations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Popping and Crackling Still Despite Doing All Common Fix Reccomendations: About a month ago my PC started having popping and clicking sounds show up when watching youtube or listening to spotify and its been getting worse, sometimes accompanied by sluggish and choppy mouse movement. About an hour after a restart, these audio issues come up. I've...
  5. Audio Crackling and Popping

Audio Crackling and Popping: I bought a new PC very recently and I'm experiencing crackling and popping audio when skipping videos on YouTube or sounds in windows and while playing games. I'm using Razer Kraken Tournament Edition and they are connected via USB on my motherboard. I've searched for days...
  6. Audio Crackling and Popping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Crackling and Popping: Right so I recorded some gameplay using the Windows Game Bar Recorder, but whenever I play it the audio is indistict due to crackles and pops. This seems to have been recorded since it happens in the same place each time. IS there a way I can fix this? I can't redo any...
  7. Audio Crackling/Popping

Audio Crackling/Popping: My audio faintly crackles and pops when I adjust my volume in Windows 10 submitted by /u/JulianTheCoolKid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g98wc9/audio_cracklingpopping/
  8. Audio popping and crackling

Audio popping and crackling: A few days ago I noticed my headphones popping and crackling, it seems to be a windows issue but I haven’t been able to find a fix, below are the tests I have done HyperX cloud 2 in 3.5 jack on motherboard - crackles Audio Technica ADG1X in 3.5 jack on motherboard - crackles...
  9. Audio popping/crackling

Audio popping/crackling: So after gone trough 3 motherboards, I still get popping/crackling sound with Win 10 pro and current Strix Z390-F motherboard. Iv tried updating every possible driver, even bought Sound Blaster AE-5 sound card, nothing seem to help. I am using latest win 10 version (win...
  10. Audio popping and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio popping and crackling: Alright so I've had about enough of this problem, so I've finally turned to reddit as my last resort. About 6 months ago, I started having audio crackling issues. I didn't think much of it at first since it wasn't that bad. However, now that I've had it for 6 months and it...