Windows 10: Why is uninstall greyed out for XBOX - why is Microsoft thrusting this on laptop buyers?

Discus and support Why is uninstall greyed out for XBOX - why is Microsoft thrusting this on laptop buyers? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to uninstall, it is greyed out and I am unable to do delete this app permanently.... all these unproductive and unwanted apps are taking a long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mihantas, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Mihantas Win User

Why is uninstall greyed out for XBOX - why is Microsoft thrusting this on laptop buyers?

I tried to uninstall, it is greyed out and I am unable to do delete this app permanently.... all these unproductive and unwanted apps are taking a long time for my BRAND NEW computer to boot up!

Please advice asap how to delete this app!!!

:)

Mihantas, Feb 26, 2019

2. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

I done the uninstall procedure per your instruction, but it did not work. The uninstall button for both X-Box apps,are greyed out.They show advanced,but when you click it,it shows a reset button this does not uninstall.Please Help?

Robert Bilderback, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

Hi Kristi,

Xbox App is one of the built-in applications on Windows 10. To uninstall it from your computer, you have to perform the following steps using the Windows PowerShell:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    •  Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  

If you are unable to uninstall the app, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache and try to uninstall the Xbox app again.

Here's how to reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Why is uninstall greyed out for XBOX - why is Microsoft thrusting this on laptop buyers?

Uninstalling Xbox app on Windows 10

Hi Helen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since Xbox is an inbuilt application in Windows 10, we need to use the PowerShell command to uninstall the Xbox application. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the application.

1. Press and hold the Windows key + X.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    3. Type the command and hit Enter on the keyboard:
      Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage

4. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Why is uninstall greyed out for XBOX - why is Microsoft thrusting this on laptop buyers?

1. Why is uninstall greyed out for XBOX - why is Microsoft thrusting this on laptop buyers? - Similar Threads - Why uninstall greyed

2. why are notifications greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why are notifications greyed out: Numerous apps Mail, Media Player, Devices, PowerPoint, etc. are grayed out in Notifications and I cannot turn them on or off. Why?I ran sfc /SCANNOW, restarted my PC and nothing changed, although there where a number of files that were fixed....
  3. why are notifications greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are notifications greyed out: Numerous apps Mail, Media Player, Devices, PowerPoint, etc. are grayed out in Notifications and I cannot turn them on or off. Why?I ran sfc /SCANNOW, restarted my PC and nothing changed, although there where a number of files that were fixed....
  4. Why is flight mode greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is flight mode greyed out?: My flight mode option is grayed out. I use a usb dongle for bluetooth purpose. Why is this option not selectable? Please help.Windows version: 21H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-flight-mode-greyed-out/06631d3f-664c-46da-a303-6bcbed503303
  5. Why is flight mode greyed out?

Why is flight mode greyed out?: My flight mode option is grayed out. I use a usb dongle for bluetooth purpose. Why is this option not selectable? Please help.Windows version: 21H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-flight-mode-greyed-out/06631d3f-664c-46da-a303-6bcbed503303
  6. Why is flight mode greyed out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why is it greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is it greyed out?: And I can't even see the icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-greyed-out/d6e4699e-f0f8-4196-94d7-bad8bb8d2459
  8. Why are these privacy settings greyed out?

Why are these privacy settings greyed out?: Hi - Can't enable any of these (highlighted.) : [img] Any idea why? TIA *Sleepy 133597
  9. Why is uninstall greyed out for XBOX - why the heck is Microsoft thrusting this on laptop...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is uninstall greyed out for XBOX - why the heck is Microsoft thrusting this on laptop...: I tried to uninstall, it is greyed out and I am unable to do anything.... all these ridiculous apps are taking a long time for my BRAND NEW computer to boot up! It would be better use of resources if you expend on how to make the computers faster and not adding these junk...
  10. Why is option "forward as email" greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is option "forward as email" greyed out?: I use Mail app and my email client is Outlook. When I go to Windows Fax and Scan, the Scan option is greyed so I cannot just save an item as a file and then attach it to the email. Do I need any updates?...