Windows 10: why is w10 so slow to read a partition?

Discus and support why is w10 so slow to read a partition? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi why is w10 so slow to read a partition ? for example if i click on a partition J , w10 start to read the partition but is a lot slower then w7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by drugo, Jan 5, 2016.

1. drugo Win User

why is w10 so slow to read a partition?

Hi
    why is w10 so slow to read a partition ?

for example if i click on a partition J , w10 start to read the partition but is a lot slower then w7

why is w10 so slow to read a partition? [​IMG]

:)

drugo, Jan 5, 2016

2. W10 is slow, slow, so slow

Please read
    this wiki
    to find out how to find and upload your event viewer logs

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...

Should you have any questions please ask us.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 5, 2016
  3. MarkWyda Win User
    W10 is slow, slow, so slow

Lifebook with core i5. Downloaded W10 and PC is now unuseable: Start-up time: 6 to 11 minutes, Live Mail startup: 3 to 5 minutes, open an email: 30 secs to 1 minute, Photoshop unuseable, lag between keyboard or mouse input - 5 to 30 secs (typing difficult,
    though it seems ok at the moment.) lag between click and app opening (eg. Chrome) 10 to 30 secs, most frequent message 'has become unresponsive'.

Have defragged, problem search and correct, check and correct updates..... Still NBG

Any suggestions other than buying a Mac ? At least my Android works, within its limitations !

Microsoft Help..... no connection !

Perhaps we can have W7 back - it worked perfectly, smoothly and reliably. W10 is nothing more than a poor beta version and offers no advantages even when it works.

M

MarkWyda, Jan 5, 2016
  4. D3LL Win User

Is this a network drive or computer you are trying to access? Or it is local such as USB etc?

D3LL, Jan 6, 2016
  5. drugo Win User
    hi
    it's a computer hard disk drive

drugo, Jan 6, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Your HD might be corrupted. Open Admin Command and run: chkdsk /r /f J:
    Might take a while to run and sometimes seems to stall at one spot. Wait until it's finished.

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. why is w10 so slow to read a partition? - Similar Threads - why w10 slow

2. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  3. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  4. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. why is it so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is it so slow: COPY SPEED IS 355KB/S, AND IT'LL TAKE MORE THAN 1 FREAKING DAY TO COPY I'm using an microSD to SD adapter, really cheap also it takesSO FREAKING LONG to cancel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-so-slow/292018ca-218f-4cd6-8fbf-e369a890819c
  6. why is W10 so slow ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why is W10 so slow ?: Just upgraded to 10 from 7 and it went pretty well except for one thing. Everything from the browser (especially youtue vids which take long to start playing) use to windows itself seems slow and buggy like what you get when you have too little memory. And i DO have a fairly...
  7. Why so slow???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why so slow???: I just got this PC and it's very slow. I scroll, it lags, I click, it lags. Even when I press the settings, it lags. My internet connection isn't the problem (My other PC that is very old, works much better) If anybody could, please help. And I can't play games nor scroll...
  8. Why is partition merging so slow? (Not specifically a Win10 question)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is partition merging so slow? (Not specifically a Win10 question): Hello, I know this isn't a question that is specific to windows 10, it's just I'm facing it, again, while using windows 10, haha. Simply: would someone know why it takes so goddamn long to merge together the partitions of a hard disk drive? I tried to google for an...
  9. Remote execution of a program from a W10 system is so slow - Why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote execution of a program from a W10 system is so slow - Why?: When I execute any program stored on my W10 home server it takes forever. When I execute that program locally it is instantaneous. Same thing if I execute a program from OneDrive - almost instantaneous. What is W10 doing on the "server" that takes sooo long? Windows 8 did not...
  10. why so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why so slow?: i have a brand new computer with windows 10 installed and it took over 12 hours to download a 100MB file, plus it cannot stream. Its like I'm on a dial up connection, except at adsl2 prices. Its incredibly frustrating and clearly the reason why apple always comes out on top....