Windows 10: why is W10 so slow ?

Discus and support why is W10 so slow ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just upgraded to 10 from 7 and it went pretty well except for one thing. Everything from the browser (especially youtue vids which take long to start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hepme, Jul 22, 2020.

1. hepme Win User

why is W10 so slow ?

Just upgraded to 10 from 7 and it went pretty well except for one thing. Everything from the browser (especially youtue vids which take long to start playing) use to windows itself seems slow and buggy like what you get when you have too little memory. And i DO have a fairly low amount (8GB) but not for things like browsing and windows. For gaming, sure thats low, but even thats less laggy/slow than windows and browsing. I have turned a lot of things off but to no avail.
    Also, i am the only person on this PC and therefore considered admin and the PC does say i am. Yet it doesn't let me turn some things off in services. Why is that and is there a way to change that? I never had that issue with 7. Turning certain things off may well help me figure this out but when i can't it's just that much harder to fix this thru process of elimination. Thanks for any help u can give.

:)

hepme, Jul 22, 2020
  2. drugo Win User

why is w10 so slow to read a partition?

Hi
    why is w10 so slow to read a partition ?

for example if i click on a partition J , w10 start to read the partition but is a lot slower then w7

why is W10 so slow ? [​IMG]

drugo, Aug 4, 2020
  3. why has my laptop slowed down so much since W10 Fine when W7 ?

firstly-thank you

please note that i am basically an ignoramus re tech stuff

at least some of the problem/s relate to both your points 1 and 2-e.g the laptop i currently use only has 3meg ram

however the problems are many and erratic !

0lease note i always clear history/cache stuff etc

i know adobe flash player is a major problem and i simply dont bother with MS Edge (google seems the least worst browser!)

just trying to respond to you was a job (many attempts)

often if i dont get err timed out etc I get the following types of presentation (irregular and erraticaly)-

By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalized content and ads.
    Learn More

Community

FI

Question

• why is W10 so slow ? [​IMG]

Applies to

9 views why has my laptop slowed down so much since W10 Fine when W7 ?

FI

asked on

why has my laptop slowed down so much since W10 Fine when W7 ?
    You had this question

Abuse history

VK

Vijaya Kumari 1 replied on

Hi,

This issue could have occurred due to the following reasons:

• Memory issues.
    • Conflict between the third party applications.
    Please follow the below steps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a) Press the Windows key on the keyboard.

b) Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.

c) Select Troubleshooting. Click on view all and select System Maintenance.

d) Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2: If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you.

Thank you.

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

Reply will be posted to a public thread

You are replying to a public portion of this thread. To reply privately, click Cancel, click the Private Messages tab, and Reply on that private message.

Don't show this message again

Please select edit reason

Still have questions?

Related Content

This site in other languages

© 2016 Microsoft

finlay1972, Aug 4, 2020
  4. why is W10 so slow ?

finlay1972, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

why is W10 so slow ?

1. why is W10 so slow ? - Similar Threads - why W10 slow

2. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  3. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  4. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. why is it so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is it so slow: COPY SPEED IS 355KB/S, AND IT'LL TAKE MORE THAN 1 FREAKING DAY TO COPY I'm using an microSD to SD adapter, really cheap also it takesSO FREAKING LONG to cancel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-so-slow/292018ca-218f-4cd6-8fbf-e369a890819c
  6. why explorer is so slow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why explorer is so slow?: Hello, please do u have any idea why the "explorer" search tool is slow. I tried every tutorial available on youtube and google but still the same problem on it. The folder has 33Gb of videos and whenever I type to search for a certain video it takes more than 5 minutes to...
  7. Why so slow???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why so slow???: I just got this PC and it's very slow. I scroll, it lags, I click, it lags. Even when I press the settings, it lags. My internet connection isn't the problem (My other PC that is very old, works much better) If anybody could, please help. And I can't play games nor scroll...
  8. why is w10 so slow to read a partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is w10 so slow to read a partition?: Hi why is w10 so slow to read a partition ? for example if i click on a partition J , w10 start to read the partition but is a lot slower then w7 [img] 36445
  9. Remote execution of a program from a W10 system is so slow - Why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote execution of a program from a W10 system is so slow - Why?: When I execute any program stored on my W10 home server it takes forever. When I execute that program locally it is instantaneous. Same thing if I execute a program from OneDrive - almost instantaneous. What is W10 doing on the "server" that takes sooo long? Windows 8 did not...
  10. why so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why so slow?: i have a brand new computer with windows 10 installed and it took over 12 hours to download a 100MB file, plus it cannot stream. Its like I'm on a dial up connection, except at adsl2 prices. Its incredibly frustrating and clearly the reason why apple always comes out on top....