Windows 10: Why is weird stuff happening after a possibly graphics driver related BSOD?

Discus and support Why is weird stuff happening after a possibly graphics driver related BSOD? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yesterday, I was rendering the image sequence of an animation in Blender and got a bluescreen after some frames. The error code I got was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kennedy H., Dec 5, 2023.

1. Why is weird stuff happening after a possibly graphics driver related BSOD?

Yesterday, I was rendering the image sequence of an animation in Blender and got a bluescreen after some frames. The error code I got was 0x80800000000. After restarting, I had to update my graphics driver. Had a Windows update the day before this. Now, I'm dealing with the following circumstances, which don't line up. - Cannot copy/cut and paste files quickly unless the destination is a USB- Blender launches and files open fine, too paranoid to render anything right now- Can create backups of Minecraft worlds like normal-Uploading stuff to Google Drive is slow, not sure if that's related

:)

Kennedy H., Dec 5, 2023

2. Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics & ATI Combo (Alpha) - by nIGHTmAYOR

according to laptop support page they do list an old downloadable driver for intel for windows 7 , weather this is related to there being several variants of that laptop or this laptop has switchable graphics i may just suggest you reset the bios and see if things change , if yes you may be able to apply step 2 , if not then apply step 4 and call it today , you are still better off being on the high performance gpu .

Out of curiosity can you take a snap shot from Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and click the “Graphics Settings” ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 5, 2023
  3. Frequent BSOD's, possibly MB/GPU related

Have had frequent BSOD's for an extended period of time, which seem to be hardware related seeing as they have persisted through multiple OS installs as well as driver reinstalls. BSOD's occur when browsing online as well as when gaming, with visual artifacting
    followed by BSOD when the GPU hits 70 degrees celsius in games, no pattern for BSOD's when browsing online. Error codes have often referred to drivers, page files, threads, many USB related errors, and general exceptions. A full list of dumps from the past
    month have been compiled into the rar file available at the following link: http://1drv.ms/1Ri6XWx

Expecting to have to replace my motherboard or graphics card, just not sure which (or maybe both) is the issue. Memtest86 and Chkdsk showed no errors, and substituting RAM had no impact.

Thanks in Advance,

Tom Angus

Thomas Angus, Dec 5, 2023
  4. Vya Domus Win User

Why is weird stuff happening after a possibly graphics driver related BSOD?

Strange BSOD , possibly video driver related

When I used to play Quantum Break , every time I would try to disable upscaling in the graphics settings I would get a BSOD with the error : system_service_exception(dxgmms2.sys) after a couple of minutes of playtime. I didn't gave it much thought since it run fine otherwise and I also knew this game wasn't very happy with Nvidia cards in general.
    Today however I decided to play some GTA 4 since I heard it received a patch after 5 years (lol) just for the hell of it. And I would get the same BSOD after a couple of minutes of playing.
    I should mention that I removed both my CPU and GPU overclock and the problem is still there and many other games work just fine , after some googling it turns out this is video driver related with no apparent fix other than updating/rolling back the driver , the problem happening for particular games.

So, are these the famous "better than AMD" drivers I kept hearing about , or is there something else to it ?

Vya Domus, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

Why is weird stuff happening after a possibly graphics driver related BSOD?

1. Why is weird stuff happening after a possibly graphics driver related BSOD? - Similar Threads - Why weird stuff

2. Why is weird stuff happening after a possibly graphics driver related BSOD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is weird stuff happening after a possibly graphics driver related BSOD?: Yesterday, I was rendering the image sequence of an animation in Blender and got a bluescreen after some frames. The error code I got was 0x80800000000. After restarting, I had to update my graphics driver. Had a Windows update the day before this. Now, I'm dealing with the...
  3. BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers: Split from this thread. Good Morning, I am hoping to have some help here. I have a user that is utilizing a Dell Precision 7520 with a Nvidia QuadroM2200. User was previously on a D3100 Dock and from my under standing that dock does not support dedicated graphics card..User...
  4. BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers: Split from this thread. Good Morning, I am hoping to have some help here. I have a user that is utilizing a Dell Precision 7520 with a Nvidia QuadroM2200. User was previously on a D3100 Dock and from my under standing that dock does not support dedicated graphics card..User...
  5. Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver: My PC has crashed about 5 times now over the last 6 months. It is not reproduceable and seemingly happens randomly, as no particular application or action seems to trigger it. The PC doesn't literally blue screen, it just freezes then restarts. A surface level look with...
  6. Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver: My PC has crashed about 5 times now over the last 6 months. It is not reproduceable and seemingly happens randomly, as no particular application or action seems to trigger it. The PC doesn't literally blue screen, it just freezes then restarts. A surface level look with...
  7. Weird stuff happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird stuff happening: Alright, recently I got my PC and now it decides to act weird like supposedly now "The Audio Service Is Not Running" which is the first time that ever happened, internet decides to not work, "WIndows Firewall not on" which I believe it is on, can't see the event log and loads...
  8. Weird stuff happening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird stuff happening: Alright, recently I got my PC and now it decides to act weird like supposedly now "The Audio Service Is Not Running" which is the first time that ever happened, internet decides to not work, "WIndows Firewall not on" which I believe it is on, can't see the event log and loads...
  9. Weird stuff happening

10. Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS

Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS: Hey all, Recently I've been having issues with BSODs that appear to be coming from my graphics card, but I've no real way to check and make sure so wanted to get an opinion or two on what to do. Google Drive link to zip file:...