Windows 10: why is why computers internet so unreliable?

Discus and support why is why computers internet so unreliable? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For about the past week my computer has been taking a lot longer to load web pages and videos than it ever has before. before then i would occasionally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tavishm, Aug 1, 2018.

1. tavishm Win User

why is why computers internet so unreliable?

For about the past week my computer has been taking a lot longer to load web pages and videos than it ever has before. before then i would occasionally need to reset my network adapter because "the default gateway was not available", but now even the troubleshooters can't figure out whats wrong. the wifi will show that its connected, but act as though it isnt, and stay that way for several minutes, then go back to normal, and then a few seconds to a few minutes later go back to being slow again, and repeat. its to the point that when its acting up, 144p videos on youtube still take a long time to load.

I know its my computer and not the router, because ive tested on my phone and on my mac in the same location as my pc and neither have any problems, so that rules out the router. and i know its internet related and not just general performance issues with my pc because its only about a year to a year and a half old and i can play video games offline on it for hours at a time without any performance issues. I've also done several full scans with windows defender and found no threats.

:)

tavishm, Aug 1, 2018

2. Software via the Internet: Microsoft in ‘Cloud’ Computing

well ... how i see it its one step closer to having a computer with no software on it. when you boot it up, it loads ur OS from the internet ...

pirates look out, argh!

[I.R.A]_FBi, Aug 1, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    • Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

why is why computers internet so unreliable? [​IMG]
    • Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

why is why computers internet so unreliable? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 1, 2018
  4. kakazza Win User

Software via the Internet: Microsoft in ‘Cloud’ Computing

Hope you meant that as a negative point?!

kakazza, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

1. why is why computers internet so unreliable? - Similar Threads - why why computers

2. Why is my internet speed so slow only on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my internet speed so slow only on my computer?: My internet speed is often all the way down to 1MB/s, whereas on other devices, even when I put my device next to my Wifi adapter on the computer, can reach up to 30MB/s . I have tried pretty much everything and I don't know what to do. For example I tried messing around with...
  3. Why is my internet speed so slow only on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my internet speed so slow only on my computer?: My internet speed is often all the way down to 1MB/s, whereas on other devices, even when I put my device next to my Wifi adapter on the computer, can reach up to 30MB/s . I have tried pretty much everything and I don't know what to do. For example I tried messing around with...
  4. Why is Windows 11 Bluetooth so unreliable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 Bluetooth so unreliable?: No other operating systems I have used iOS, MacOS, Linux, iPadOS, Android have had anywhere near as many Bluetooth issues as Windows. It seems like every day my Sony WH-1000 XM4 headphones, probably the most popular high-end Bluetooth headphones on the market, stutter,...
  5. Why is Windows 11 Bluetooth so unreliable?

Why is Windows 11 Bluetooth so unreliable?: No other operating systems I have used iOS, MacOS, Linux, iPadOS, Android have had anywhere near as many Bluetooth issues as Windows. It seems like every day my Sony WH-1000 XM4 headphones, probably the most popular high-end Bluetooth headphones on the market, stutter,...
  6. WHY IS MY INTERNET CONNECTION SO SLOW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY IS MY INTERNET CONNECTION SO SLOW: PLEASE HELP ME I AM SO FRUSTRATED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-internet-connection-so-slow/78354534-2a39-4565-9842-28cefb1c9cdd
  7. Why is mdsched so unreliable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is mdsched so unreliable?: Because of repeated BSODs (memory management, page fault, and numerous others), problems with installers, and certain programs running unstable, I ran mdsched to test my RAM. The tool reported zero errors, and even after a couple of runs kept insisting that everything's fine,...
  8. Why is windows 10’s reinstall feature so bad and unreliable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is windows 10’s reinstall feature so bad and unreliable?: I’m new to this sub so hopefully I have the correct flare So in April I bought a laptop that came with windows 10 pro. The machine worked totally fine, but when I did the reset/reinstall of windows it completely corrupted. It took me several hours and trials of using a...
  9. Why is Windows becoming more and more unreliable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Windows becoming more and more unreliable?: That may seem like an odd title for a question post, but I'm serious. Windows self updates quite often, sometimes several times per week, most of these updates seem to require a reboot which means that the OS becomes unavailable for a period while it shuts down and...
  10. Why are windows 10 alarms so utterly unreliable?

Why are windows 10 alarms so utterly unreliable?: Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't....... thing is, with an alarm, it's kinda crucial that they absolutely work without fail 100% of the time. Windows 10 is a real big turd. No surprise there. Thanks....