Windows 10: Why is Win10 networking so bad?

Discus and support Why is Win10 networking so bad? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Please, help me... I'm about ready to drop kick my machine off the balcony. Okay so I use Linux for 99% of the things I do, my work laptop's in Linux,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LeanOnIt, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Why is Win10 networking so bad?

Please, help me... I'm about ready to drop kick my machine off the balcony.

Okay so I use Linux for 99% of the things I do, my work laptop's in Linux, my servers run Linux. I play with a bunch of raspberry pi's etc. The last time I really got involved with Windows was with XP. Now, for Covid reasons, my day to day machine is a Windows10 desktop. I've got a ZeroTier VPN setup to get into my work servers, a USB to Ethernet Gadget to power a Pi Zero for a fun project, a WiFi adaptor that's off 99% of the time and a ethernet cable plugged into my home router for the main internet pipe.

Now every time I boot the machine the networking is different. The VPN doesn't work, then the internet sharing on the Pi doesn't work, I run the network troublshooter, or disable/reenable the adaptors or plug the Pi into a new usb port so that it looks like a new adaptor and then things are fine until the next reboot. I've tried making networks public or private, I've tried having fixed IP's or DHCP. Nothing works. I have to spend 20 mins each day fiddling with the network settings in order to get everything working.

Why the hell is this acceptable? What is this "Network and Sharing Centre" garbage? Why can't I just setup all the adaptors and let them run without having to fix everything the next day.

Is it me? Is there some kind of third part network managing tool I can install that will just take all the control away from whatever windows process is making changes behind the scenes? What the hell are these invisible "Unknown Neworks" that are showing in the network control panel?

FRUSTRATION!

submitted by /u/LeanOnIt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LeanOnIt, Aug 12, 2020

2. win10 :Openvpn is Unrecognized network 。

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

Please share the following details.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Are you connected to any domain networks?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click ‘Troubleshooting’.

• Under ‘Network and Internet’, click ‘Internet Connections
    Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, download and install the latest network drivers
    from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Why is Win10 networking so bad?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Why is Win10 networking so bad?

1. Why is Win10 networking so bad? - Similar Threads - Why Win10 networking

2. Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs?: If my wireless password gets changed, Windows 10 doesn't bother to tell me as much. Instead, it displays a cryptic "Can't connect to this network" notice and does exactly nothing more. I'm expected to go tromping through the settings page, search through the known networks...
  3. Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are Microsoft Windows networking developers so bad at their jobs?: If my wireless password gets changed, Windows 10 doesn't bother to tell me as much. Instead, it displays a cryptic "Can't connect to this network" notice and does exactly nothing more. I'm expected to go tromping through the settings page, search through the known networks...
  4. Why is storage so bad

Why is storage so bad: I got my laptop a few months ago with 56GB of storage and I loved it, however the storage is getting very bad,when I try to free up storage apps and games uses 21GB of storage but it doesn't add up and it shouldn't be taking up that much,Why do the system files take up 20GB...
  5. Why is storage so bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is storage so bad: I got my laptop a few months ago with 56GB of storage and I loved it, however the storage is getting very bad,when I try to free up storage apps and games uses 21GB of storage but it doesn't add up and it shouldn't be taking up that much,Why do the system files take up 20GB...
  6. Why windows is so bad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why windows is so bad: this is the reason. Windows collects user data, is very slow, has to restart for changes in settings and much more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-is-so-bad/bd40aa36-4dbe-4052-acc2-3cba0873f04f
  7. Why windows is so bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows is so bad: this is the reason. Windows collects user data, is very slow, has to restart for changes in settings and much more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-is-so-bad/bd40aa36-4dbe-4052-acc2-3cba0873f04f
  8. Why windows is so bad

9. why is this company so bad?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    why is this company so bad?: why? seriously, why? Nothing related to microsoft at all works ever not once. I am in the store fighting to buy and download a game wont work I am in account settings fighting to change settings wont work I see talk to virtual agent, another thing that does not work THIS...
  10. Why is Windows so bad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is Windows so bad: Dear Microsoft, I am a Windows user since Windows 98, hell I even had 2 Windows Phones. But since yesterday after I reinstalled Windows 10 and I am still facing the exact same issues, I am ready to say good bye to it. Windows 10 is an operating system that fails to do...