Windows 10: Why is Windows 10 22H2 update erasing WinRM settings?

Discus and support Why is Windows 10 22H2 update erasing WinRM settings? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 downloaded from here to create a Windows 10 22H2 image. Then I proceeded to install the image by running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abhisek Dash, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Why is Windows 10 22H2 update erasing WinRM settings?

I used the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 downloaded from here to create a Windows 10 22H2 image. Then I proceeded to install the image by running setup.exe with the following command line switches:setup.exe /Quiet /NoReboot /Auto UpgradeAfter that I realized that the upgrade has removed Windows Remote Management Settings and who knows what else from my PC. For e.g. WinRM was configured to run on HTTPS, start automatically and use certificate authentication. Everything was gone.According to the documentation here, the command line switches used should not erase apps or dat

:)

Abhisek Dash, Mar 24, 2023
  2. itsme1 Win User

How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2 Win Update

If you can't install it from windows update you can try to install it manually, it's the same KB5015684 obtained with windows update.

Windows 10 Version 22H2 is coming in October 2022 ---> KB5015684 Provides Quick Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade - Ed Tittel On the Ed Tittel page click on the links DeskModder.de or .MSU x64 version of the upgrade.

KB5015684 Funktionsupdate auf die Windows 10 22H2 (19045) [Manueller Download] - Deskmodder.de

Do dism and sfc /scannow commands before and/or after installing it.

itsme1, Mar 24, 2023
  3. Brian{PK} Win User
    Windows 10 spring 2018 update 1803 clears WinRM client TrustedHosts list

After a Windows 10 machine installs the 1803 update, the WinRM client TrustedHosts list is cleared. This is a headache to go to all clients and re-establish the setting. Is this a) known and b) a bug or a feature?

Brian{PK}, Mar 24, 2023
  4. Andy Roid Win User

Why is Windows 10 22H2 update erasing WinRM settings?

How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2 Win Update

I wish things are that simple. My error code was 0x80246017, and I don't have KB5020435 installed so it's a dead end. BTW, MS lists like 6 or 7 error codes of the format 0x8024xxxx on the "troubleshooting WU problems", and when you chose next step, it suggests generic steps: run WU troubleshooter, check if your disk has no errors, is your remote disk is accessible, etc. Same as MS community; each similar error has completely different cause and (re)solution.
    MS in notorious for this- if it works then OK, if it doesn't then good luck.

Andy Roid, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

Why is Windows 10 22H2 update erasing WinRM settings?

1. Why is Windows 10 22H2 update erasing WinRM settings? - Similar Threads - Why 22H2 update

2. Why did my computer erase programs and settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my computer erase programs and settings?: About a month ago, my computer, using Windows 11 I think, started and was missing programs and settings, like what I pinned to my taskbar, and all the histories of programs.I think a government agency criminally did something, trying to track or frame me.I just want this...
  3. Why did my computer erase programs and settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my computer erase programs and settings?: About a month ago, my computer, using Windows 11 I think, started and was missing programs and settings, like what I pinned to my taskbar, and all the histories of programs.I think a government agency criminally did something, trying to track or frame me.I just want this...
  4. Why won't Windows 10 Update 22H2 download?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Windows 10 Update 22H2 download?: Whenever I try to update Windows 22H2 through the website, it downloads and restarts but then I check the windows version after its done and it's still 1909. I have no idea what to do about this. I am on Windows 10 Home. I haven't tried any solutions because I haven't seen...
  5. Why is Windows 10 22H2 update erasing WinRM settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 10 22H2 update erasing WinRM settings?: I used the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 downloaded from here to create a Windows 10 22H2 image. Then I proceeded to install the image by running setup.exe with the following command line switches:setup.exe /Quiet /NoReboot /Auto UpgradeAfter that I realized that the...
  6. Why is Windows 10 22H2 update erasing WinRM settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 10 22H2 update erasing WinRM settings?: I used the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 downloaded from here to create a Windows 10 22H2 image. Then I proceeded to install the image by running setup.exe with the following command line switches:setup.exe /Quiet /NoReboot /Auto UpgradeAfter that I realized that the...
  7. Windows Update July 2021 erased my settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update July 2021 erased my settings.: I had a windows update last week that deleted my settings. my computer was as if it were new again, however I still had installed programs, even though all the icons were missing. I had to re login to all my programs, it removed all of my email accounts and is asking me to...
  8. WHY DID THE LAST WINDOWS UPDATE ERASED EVERYTHING?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHY DID THE LAST WINDOWS UPDATE ERASED EVERYTHING?: Last night it started updating and today when I opened it, everything I had disappeared, my profiles, my folders and everything I had personalized, in addition to many apps like the simple calculator they left to function, the actualization has this number KB4497165...
  9. Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings...: including desktop, start menu, and display/power settings, as well as web browser Edge favs and passwords, and more. I am finding it difficult just to grasp the magnitude of the issue. All of my 3rd-party apps seem to have had their history and settings wiped e.g.: XnView,...
  10. Feature update for windows 10 erases all default settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature update for windows 10 erases all default settings: When I login into my computer. All my personal settings have been wiped out after windows 10 home update 17763.379, including favorites for my browser...