Windows 10: Why is Windows 10 22H2 update still bricking PC's?

Discus and support Why is Windows 10 22H2 update still bricking PC's? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just had the pleasure of updating to 22H2 to find a PC that would power on and get the Black Screen of Death. Mobo EZ-Debug had the GPU light on but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShowcaseRIPMS, May 25, 2023.

1. Why is Windows 10 22H2 update still bricking PC's?

Just had the pleasure of updating to 22H2 to find a PC that would power on and get the Black Screen of Death. Mobo EZ-Debug had the GPU light on but the GPU owrks fine in other PC's and swapping it out with another didn't fix the issue. Stripped it down to barebones 1 Ram Stick and GPU and still the same issue. No white light under GPU only on the Mobo, and only when I swap GPU slots does the light come on with 3 POST Beeps. Seems the Mobo is completely bricked after hours swapping parts in and out. Looking around the internet this is a common experience, why is the update still doing this and

:)

ShowcaseRIPMS, May 25, 2023
  2. itsme1 Win User

How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2  

If you can't install it from windows update you can try to install it manually, it's the same KB5015684 obtained with windows update.

Windows 10 Version 22H2 is coming in October 2022 ---> KB5015684 Provides Quick Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade - Ed Tittel On the Ed Tittel page click on the links DeskModder.de or .MSU x64 version of the upgrade.

KB5015684 Funktionsupdate auf die Windows 10 22H2 (19045) [Manueller Download] - Deskmodder.de

Do dism and sfc /scannow commands before and/or after installing it.

itsme1, May 25, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 25, 2023
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Why is Windows 10 22H2 update still bricking PC's?

NavyLCDR, May 25, 2023
Thema:

Why is Windows 10 22H2 update still bricking PC's?

1. Why is Windows 10 22H2 update still bricking PC's? - Similar Threads - Why 22H2 update

2. Why is Windows 10 22H2 update still bricking PC's?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 10 22H2 update still bricking PC's?: Just had the pleasure of updating to 22H2 to find a PC that would power on and get the Black Screen of Death. Mobo EZ-Debug had the GPU light on but the GPU owrks fine in other PC's and swapping it out with another didn't fix the issue. Stripped it down to barebones 1 Ram...
  3. Why is Windows 10 22H2 update still bricking PC's?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 10 22H2 update still bricking PC's?: Just had the pleasure of updating to 22H2 to find a PC that would power on and get the Black Screen of Death. Mobo EZ-Debug had the GPU light on but the GPU owrks fine in other PC's and swapping it out with another didn't fix the issue. Stripped it down to barebones 1 Ram...
  4. windows 11 22h2 update bricks surface laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 22h2 update bricks surface laptop: So, I was installing 22h2 on a Surface go laptop. 64 gb of memory, when i was installing it, it had 6.6 gb free. It had to use a removable drive to “expand” the c: drive as it said, and the first part installing was fine, but the problem was that my mini sd card plugged into...
  5. Windows 11 22H2 Update near-bricked a Surface

Windows 11 22H2 Update near-bricked a Surface: It's not mine, it's a relative's Microsoft Surface not clear which model it is, but it's fairly small. They bought it, loved it, did nothing in the way of customizing and then one day recently Microsoft's Windows update completely f***ed it. Their own updates of their own...
  6. Update bricking pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update bricking pc?: Hello, I need help solving a problem a windows update has created on my pc. I faced a similar issue with the update yesterday and managed to get into windows recovery not entirely sure how. The update seemed to have force removed my amd graphics drivers so I reinstalled them...
  7. Update bricking pc?

Update bricking pc?: Hello, I need help solving a problem a windows update has created on my pc. I faced a similar issue with the update yesterday and managed to get into windows recovery not entirely sure how. The update seemed to have force removed my amd graphics drivers so I reinstalled them...
  8. Why did Windows 10's latest update brick my PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did Windows 10's latest update brick my PC?: I made the utter mistake of giving into the windows update and allowing my PC to update about 3 days ago, ever since I've found an increasing number of things broken and non-functional. - Microsoft's new version of on-screen magnifier... whih I RELY upon to use my PC...
  9. Windows 10 update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update bricked my pc: Windows 10 updated between November 12 and november 13 made my computer inoperable. Calling microsoft they tried safe mode and rolled back to previous day. Now it will not boot into safe mode and my only option is to reinstall Windows 10. What happened to the rollback, is...
  10. Windows 10 update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update bricked my pc: Since the last windows patch, every time i download it and update it and restart my pc it bricks my pc and the update doesnt go through. i already reset my pc twice and wiped everything and did a complete reboot; everything worked fine in the beginning until i dowloaded the...