Windows 10: WHY IS WINDOWS 10 CAUSING MY LAPTOP TO RUN TOO HOT?

Discus and support WHY IS WINDOWS 10 CAUSING MY LAPTOP TO RUN TOO HOT? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Many problems with the October 2018 update such that I had revert back to factory defaults and reload windows 10 took over a week to come to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by karpull, Dec 10, 2018.

1. karpull Win User

WHY IS WINDOWS 10 CAUSING MY LAPTOP TO RUN TOO HOT?

Many problems with the October 2018 update such that I had revert back to factory defaults and reload windows 10 took over a week to come to this resolution even after being on the phone with MS for many hours. However, one of the problems I've encounter after to my system back on line is that my laptop was over heating after I changed the settings to personalize my background. I went from the default to one of the themes. Hence, began the over heating. I changed it back of course. I could not afford to lose my computer as it is necessary to run my business. I'm posting this so that it can help others with the over heating issue and may serve as one step in your troubleshooting process. Lastly, I'm working with my manufacture to ensure that I have the correct drivers associated with Windows 10. Happy computing. Really never care for Windows 10, K.

:)

karpull, Dec 10, 2018

2. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 CAUSING MY LAPTOP TO RUN TOO HOT?

I HAD TO REVERT BACK TO WINDOWS 7 BECAUSE WINDOWS 10 CAUSED MY LAPTOP TO RUN DANGEROUSLY HOT . IS MICROSOFT INVESTIGATING THIS PROBLEM ?

barrymoscoe, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Laptop running Windows 10 keeps freezing

Hi,

Since you already tried several troubleshooting steps, such us running a hardware diagnostic test on all hardware components, checked the system files, updated all drivers, and as well the BIOS, then this is perhaps an issue with the laptop itself. Now,
    to isolate what is causing performance issues on your laptop, we suggest that you perform a factory reset, then check if it's the same. To perform the suggest step, please refer to this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

If the issue persists after performing the suggested step, contact the laptop manufacturer to have it replaced.

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, Dec 10, 2018
  4. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 CAUSING MY LAPTOP TO RUN TOO HOT?

When playing games the hot keys are active

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Hot Keys and check if that helps.

• Right click anywhere on your desktop screen and select Graphics Options.

• Navigate to Hot Keys and then click on Disable.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

WHY IS WINDOWS 10 CAUSING MY LAPTOP TO RUN TOO HOT?

1. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 CAUSING MY LAPTOP TO RUN TOO HOT? - Similar Threads - WHY CAUSING LAPTOP

2. Even in Windows 11 the Full Scan makes my laptop run hot - WHY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Even in Windows 11 the Full Scan makes my laptop run hot - WHY: and from what I see everywhere here for the last 5+ years everyone at Microsoft is blaming people's machines and not Full Scan.If SO MANY people have the same issue then maybe its NOT US.I'm having 90B error messages now and have to replace my fan because running Full Scan...
  3. Windows update causing my CPU to run hot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update causing my CPU to run hot.: Good day,So after I did the last update on the 15th of Oct, my PC will be idling and for some reason the CPU usage jumps up to 30% and temp sits at 60degrees.Now the strange thing is, as soon as I open task manager the CPU usage drops down to 3% and the temp goes back to...
  4. Windows update causing my CPU to run hot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update causing my CPU to run hot.: Good day,So after I did the last update on the 15th of Oct, my PC will be idling and for some reason the CPU usage jumps up to 30% and temp sits at 60degrees.Now the strange thing is, as soon as I open task manager the CPU usage drops down to 3% and the temp goes back to...
  5. Windows update causing my CPU to run hot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 runs too slow in my laptop

Windows 10 runs too slow in my laptop: Hi, I bought HP 15s GU0008AU laptop with AMD athelon processor, with Windows 10. My laptop is extremely slow from the beginning. I updated windows and did several things found on internet, but windows takes lots of CPU while running. Please help me to speed up my laptop....
  7. is my pc running too hot

is my pc running too hot: so is my pc running to hot[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-pc-running-too-hot/0a489ccd-1376-45ec-8dab-327042cb19da
  8. Is my CPU running too hot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my CPU running too hot?: I have an Intel NUC. Recently, shortly after I started watching video in Firefox, the computer shut down suddenly. I suspected that it was thermal overload, so the next time I started my computer I looked at the CPU temps using Open Hardware Monitor. They range from 60C to...
  9. Why is my R5 1600X getting too hot?

Why is my R5 1600X getting too hot?: I recently upgraded to Ryzen, got a 1600X with the noctua NH-L9x65 cooler (it was the only AM4 cooler in stock). Using Hardware Monitor, it's been idling in the low 50's, when playing games it gets to 60, but that's with only 30% utilization. Out of curiosity, I got Prime95...
  10. CPU temp -- is this running too hot ?

CPU temp -- is this running too hot ?: Hi there running a fairly heavy but not unduly load the CPU seems to be running at about 75 deg C peak -- Avg about 61 deg C. Is this likely to cause trouble over prolonged periods. I know that these devices can run extremely hot but I don't want to break it if adding...