Windows 10: Why is Windows 10 claiming that I have not activated Windows after upgrading a Home license...

Discus and support Why is Windows 10 claiming that I have not activated Windows after upgrading a Home license... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded my Home license to a Pro license via the Microsoft Store last Friday to get access to its features as a developer, but now the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ProgramGamer, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Why is Windows 10 claiming that I have not activated Windows after upgrading a Home license...

Hi,

I upgraded my Home license to a Pro license via the Microsoft Store last Friday to get access to its features as a developer, but now the windows activation watermark is showing up on my monitor. When I go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation, it tells me my edition is Windows 10 Enterprise (???) and tells me it's not activated. Did the Microsoft Store make me download the wrong edition of windows by accident, leaving me with an edition I don't have a license for? If so, how do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

ProgramGamer, Jun 10, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Recon-UK Win User

Ahem... lost my activation when upgrading from AMD Phenom II to my XEON...
    Installed "legit" activated Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and yes i paid for the license originally, but that key no longer works.. i paid more than enough to MS *Shadedshun :shadedshu:
    Anyway once 7 is installed.. go here... https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
    Click Upgrade Now, it will give you a download with an app that gives you legit activated Windows 10 based on your Win 7 activation.

Why is Windows 10 claiming that I have not activated Windows after upgrading a Home license... untitled-png.png

Recon-UK, Jun 10, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Why is Windows 10 claiming that I have not activated Windows after upgrading a Home license...

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Why is Windows 10 claiming that I have not activated Windows after upgrading a Home license...

1. Why is Windows 10 claiming that I have not activated Windows after upgrading a Home license... - Similar Threads - Why claiming activated

2. Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?: I have just upgraded an old PC in my office from Windows 7 Home Basic to Windows 10. But then the Windows have become not activated. Previously before the upgrade, my Windows 7 Home Basic was active. When I tried to activate Windows 10, it gave me the error code 0xC004F213....
  3. Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?: I have just upgraded an old PC in my office from Windows 7 Home Basic to Windows 10. But then the Windows have become not activated. Previously before the upgrade, my Windows 7 Home Basic was active. When I tried to activate Windows 10, it gave me the error code 0xC004F213....
  4. Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure: Hello,I upgraded my windows 10 Home installation to windows 10 professional. The home activation was activated with the original OEM license key, which I do not have anymore. Since upgrading to windows 10 professional, the OS has failed to activate. I've tried using the I've...
  6. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure: Hello,I upgraded my windows 10 Home installation to windows 10 professional. The home activation was activated with the original OEM license key, which I do not have anymore. Since upgrading to windows 10 professional, the OS has failed to activate. I've tried using the I've...
  7. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

8. Windows 10 home activation after a hardware upgrade

Windows 10 home activation after a hardware upgrade: I recently did a hardware upgrade on my PC. This included a new motherboard, CPU and two RAM sticks. After the upgrade I got a message on my screen saying: "Activate windows, go to settings to activate Windows". However, I can't activate it since I don't have my product key...
  9. Windows 10 Not Activated After Home to Pro Upgrade

Windows 10 Not Activated After Home to Pro Upgrade: Hello -- I recently upgraded my three-month old Razer Blade laptop from Windows 10 Home to Pro using the Windows Store. I then restarted, enabled Bitlocker on my C: drive, then added a PIN to my that drive after enabling "Require PIN" in Group Policy Editor. A day after...
  10. Why does my activated versions of Microsoft Windows 10 Home claim it i'snt activated?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my activated versions of Microsoft Windows 10 Home claim it i'snt activated?: I am a Windows 10 Insider but I am not able to update... even though I am continued to be badgered to update Windows won't fricking let me. Does anyone know how I can fix this? My Windows build is 18282.rs_prerelease.181109-1613... I don't know if that matters or not....