Windows 10: why is windows 10 deleting the contents of the download folder

Discus and support why is windows 10 deleting the contents of the download folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows 10 is deleteing the contents from the download folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EDWARDAGUILERA, Jun 12, 2019.

1. why is windows 10 deleting the contents of the download folder

windows 10 is deleteing the contents from the download folder

:)

EDWARDAGUILERA, Jun 12, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 forced download

The downloader is "privileged".

btarunr, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused why is windows 10 deleting the contents of the download folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well why is windows 10 deleting the contents of the download folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 12, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

why is windows 10 deleting the contents of the download folder

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

why is windows 10 deleting the contents of the download folder

1. why is windows 10 deleting the contents of the download folder - Similar Threads - why deleting contents

2. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  3. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  4. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is it safe to delete this folder's content?

Is it safe to delete this folder's content?: Hi, I found a folder taking up huge space, but I'm not sure if it's safe to delete it's content. C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\ It takes up 19.3gb....
  6. Can I delete the contents of this folder

Can I delete the contents of this folder: Und On my C:\ drive I have a folder called Windows 10 Upgrade. Can the contents of this folder be deleted as it contains 20.0GB? I can't remember it being there before 20Hi 2004 install....
  7. Recover deleted folder and contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover deleted folder and contents: I was working using the mail app on my laptop and accidentally deleted a folder and its contents. None of this is in the deleted items folder so I cannot move it back to my inbox. Where can I find it / how can I recover it? Can easily set up a new subfolder, just want the...
  8. My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted

My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted: This has to be in my Top 10 weirdest problems in all the years since Windows 98. For a week or so each day I replace the 1/2 dozen files in my Download folder. Then when I check the next day they are all deleted again... with both my Toshiba laptop and my Dell desktop....
  9. delete entire contents of deleted folder in Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete entire contents of deleted folder in Windows 10 mail: How do I delete entire contents of deleted folder in Windows 10 mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-entire-contents-of-deleted-folder-in/4dd26600-eb12-4172-91c6-ed25dbace914
  10. Windows 10 (1803.17134 ) Disk Cleanup deleted the contents of my downloads folder

Windows 10 (1803.17134 ) Disk Cleanup deleted the contents of my downloads folder: When running disk cleanup, when I included 'clean up system files' the last entry was 'downloaded files 79gb'. The description was activex controls and javaapplets temporarily stored in the downloads folder. I don't know why I thought there could possibly be that volume of...