Windows 10: why is Windows 10 "Fixing (C:)"

Discus and support why is Windows 10 "Fixing (C:)" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hey all, apologies in advance for the length. I've tried googling the problem but can't find anything concrete. tonight I was using my laptop to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mj~66, Oct 16, 2019.

1. mj~66 Win User

why is Windows 10 "Fixing (C:)"

hey all, apologies in advance for the length. I've tried googling the problem but can't find anything concrete.

tonight I was using my laptop to run Windows Media Player, but only to look at my song list. I know that sounds weird, but I don't want to make this too Iong, so bear with me;; I wasn't listening to music on it, but it was running that program for a few hours straight. I finish what I'm doing for the night, I close my laptop, then go to bed. about half an hour later I hear my laptop fans running, which is weird - so I open it up and it says:

"Fixing (Cwhy is Windows 10 "Fixing (C:)" :) Stage 1: 2% (11149 of 511320); Total 1%, ETA 01:39:00".

I tried searching on the internet, but didn't find anything helpful. eventually, my laptop finishes doing... whatever that was. then windows also has an update. this all happens in the span of maybe 15 mins.

then it lets me put in my passcode, takes a really long time just to load my desktop - I'm talking at least 90 seconds or more from login - it eventually loads but my fans are still loud, so I open up Task Manager to take a peek. the Disk is at 100%, so I check what is doing that. from memory I saw Service Host: SysMain, System itself, and another Service Host I can't remember. for whatever reason, I've always had problems with one or two service hosts racking up my Disk like that time to time, but from what I've read those are bad to mess with, so I just leave it. everything mellows out eventually.

this is where I'm at now. everything is fine, I lost nothing. but I have no clue what happened. my question is just why did my laptop do this? and how can I prevent this from happening again? because I saw some people's machines get stuck, or lose their info on the hard drives. my laptop is an HP, model on the bottom says 15-ac147cl, but it's scratched so I could be off a bit. any help is appreciated, seriously. again, i apologize for the book, I'm probably over-explaining everything but I'm nervous to even shut down my laptop right now.

thanks in advance.

:)

mj~66, Oct 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

1. why is Windows 10 "Fixing (C:)" - Similar Threads - why Fixing

2. why doesn't KB5034441 install its been 3 months and you haven't found a fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why doesn't KB5034441 install its been 3 months and you haven't found a fix: why doesn't KB5034441 install its been 3 months and you haven't found a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-kb5034441-install-its-been-3-months-and/361463e3-9a06-433e-ba51-232480ee198e
  3. why doesn't KB5034441 install its been 3 months and you haven't found a fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why doesn't KB5034441 install its been 3 months and you haven't found a fix: why doesn't KB5034441 install its been 3 months and you haven't found a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-kb5034441-install-its-been-3-months-and/361463e3-9a06-433e-ba51-232480ee198e
  4. why doesn't KB5034441 install its been 3 months and you haven't found a fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Share menu--why does it suck so much? How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Share menu--why does it suck so much? How can I fix it?: 1 why when I R-click Share on a file on A OneDrive store do I get a different Share menu pop-up than when I R-click Share on a file on a non- OneDrive store? What if I want to share a OneDrive File as an attachment not a shareable link?The non- OneDrive case:vs the OneDrive...
  6. Windows 11 Share menu--why does it suck so much? How can I fix it?

Windows 11 Share menu--why does it suck so much? How can I fix it?: 1 why when I R-click Share on a file on A OneDrive store do I get a different Share menu pop-up than when I R-click Share on a file on a non- OneDrive store? What if I want to share a OneDrive File as an attachment not a shareable link?The non- OneDrive case:vs the OneDrive...
  7. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  8. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  9. Why doesn't someone fix the "no preview" problem? I should take this laptop back. I used to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't someone fix the "no preview" problem? I should take this laptop back. I used to...: Why doesn't someone fix the "no preview" problem? I should take this laptop back. I used to think HP was a reputable company. Not anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-someone-fix-the-no-preview-problem-i/dc27cb51-4b54-4f2a-a08d-3240eb22cad8
  10. Why doesn't someone fix the "no preview" problem? I should take this laptop back. I used to...

Why doesn't someone fix the "no preview" problem? I should take this laptop back. I used to...: Why doesn't someone fix the "no preview" problem? I should take this laptop back. I used to think HP was a reputable company. Not anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-someone-fix-the-no-preview-problem-i/dc27cb51-4b54-4f2a-a08d-3240eb22cad8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fixing c stage 2

2. is fixing (C:) a good thing

3. windows 10 fixing (G:) stage.1

4. what is fixing c: stage .... in windows 10,
  5. fixing c stage 2 windows 10,
  6. windows 10 update fixing c stage 2,
  7. fixing (c:) stage 2:,
  8. what does fixing c drive mean,
  9. fixing (c) stage 2 meaning,
  10. Acer fixing (c:) stage 2,
  11. fixing c stage 2 what does it mean,