Windows 10: Why is Windows 10 forcing me to log in with "Windows Hello" or my Microsoft password now?

Discus and support Why is Windows 10 forcing me to log in with "Windows Hello" or my Microsoft password now? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After most recent windows update, my Windows 10 computer won't let me login with a passcode anymore. submitted by /u/werdmouf [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/werdmouf, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Why is Windows 10 forcing me to log in with "Windows Hello" or my Microsoft password now?

After most recent windows update, my Windows 10 computer won't let me login with a passcode anymore.

submitted by /u/werdmouf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/werdmouf, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10

I may still end up skipping this version of Windows.

• I do NOT like the new start menu
    • I do NOT like having to use a Microsoft account
    • I do NOT want to have to enter a password to log into my HOME machine
    • I do NOT like how "All Programs" is now "All apps". Im not on a god damn phone or tablet.
    • I do NOT like how the shut down button is at the top of the start menu
    • I do NOT like Windows 8 feel
    I want full Aero back.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Why is Windows 10 forcing me to log in with "Windows Hello" or my Microsoft password now?

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Why is Windows 10 forcing me to log in with "Windows Hello" or my Microsoft password now?

1. Why is Windows 10 forcing me to log in with "Windows Hello" or my Microsoft password now? - Similar Threads - Why forcing log

2. Windows forcing me to reset my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows forcing me to reset my password: My windows 11 pc is forcing me to change my password which doesn't work with the right password. i couldn't reset it even if its the right password. it also has an option to factory reset it....
  3. Why does windows force me to have a password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does windows force me to have a password: I have already tried stuff online and switched to a local account and did the netplwiz and it still doesn't work. WHY DOES MICROSOFT WANT ME TO HAVE A PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP THIS BADLY I DON'T WANT IT. Just a side note to, this all started because of a recent reset I did on my...
  4. Why does windows force me to have a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows force me to have a password: I have already tried stuff online and switched to a local account and did the netplwiz and it still doesn't work. WHY DOES MICROSOFT WANT ME TO HAVE A PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP THIS BADLY I DON'T WANT IT. Just a side note to, this all started because of a recent reset I did on my...
  5. Why does windows force me to have a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows now forcing me to change my password once a week?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows now forcing me to change my password once a week?: Last week, I was prompted to change my Windows password. I did. This morning, I was prompted again to change my password. (I did.) Is this a thing now? Is there a way to change the frequency of this? submitted by /u/znoone [link] [comments]...
  7. Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why does Microsoft keep on forcing me to change my password: This will only lead to one thing: That I and many others are forced to write down our password on stickers that we put around like everywhere, meaning that it will be very easy to get to them. And that for certain will not make systems more safe....
  8. Windows made me a new user and forces me to log in with password.

Windows made me a new user and forces me to log in with password.: When I first installed windows I made a single user and I didnt want to log in with password home computer. Out of thin air, suddenly one day Windows made a copy of my user and asks me to log in with this user very time I start the computer. Asks for a password which I dont...
  9. Why cant i choose my own password? Why does Microsoft force me to now choose a password...

Why cant i choose my own password? Why does Microsoft force me to now choose a password...: Is Microsoft as dumb as apple to think people cant decide and make decisions for themselves?? Sad Microsoft used to let customers choose what they want, but forcing people to have accounts unsecured is sad.. Making people write down 100 different passwords every 6 months...
  10. Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out: So I have 2 devices, One device when I try to log in forces me to change the password, but now I've forgotten it. That device is connected to an outlook account which I can log in. Is there any way to recovery the password for that device? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 forcing me to use microsoft log in

2. why is windows 10 forcing a log in

3. why is windows 10 forcimg me to choose a pin after update

4. why am i being forced to use windows hello