Windows 10: Why is Windows 10 misreporting my location?

Discus and support Why is Windows 10 misreporting my location? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 bit on my HP laptop (see below screenshot with system config) [ATTACH] I'd purchased my laptop in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MMxCC, Nov 22, 2018.

1. MMxCC Win User

Why is Windows 10 misreporting my location?

I'm running Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 bit on my HP laptop (see below screenshot with system config)

Why is Windows 10 misreporting my location? 8b3bf861-ed77-4f86-96fb-266458d9e6be?upload=true.jpg

I'd purchased my laptop in INDIA and all my regional settings, account addresses, etc. are for INDIA. However I've noticed that many software or websites quite often assume that my computer is located in CHINA and therefore shows me options applicable for CHINA. Even my account page on Microsofts own site thinks that my computer is in CHINA and shows me an additional contact no for CHINA in addition to that for INDIA.

Note that this computer has never been outside of my city, leave alone outside of INDIA. And I do not have any Chinese software downloaded ever. I don't think there is a virus because my McAfee regular scans have never reported any issues.

What could be the problem here??!! Any help would be appreciated!

:)

MMxCC, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Check Your PC misreporting video card

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to download the ISO for Windows 10 and check if it helps;

To download the ISO image please go through the below link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If the issues persist Please try troubleshooting steps provided for section Incompatible Video card in the Wiki
    Article created by Andre Da Costa (MVP, Community Moderator & Wiki Author) and check if it helps.

Windows 10 Check Your PC misreporting video card

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Why is Windows 10 misreporting my location? - Similar Threads - Why misreporting location

2. Windows Misreporting Disk Space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Misreporting Disk Space?: Hi all, In need of a bit of help.I don't usually resort to forums, but I'm out of ideas.I believe that Windows may be misreporting the amount of free space on my 2nd Drive, It's a 1tb HDD that does not include my installation of windows.Windows shows it as only having 143gb...
  3. Windows Misreporting Disk Space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Misreporting Disk Space?: Hi all, In need of a bit of help.I don't usually resort to forums, but I'm out of ideas.I believe that Windows may be misreporting the amount of free space on my 2nd Drive, It's a 1tb HDD that does not include my installation of windows.Windows shows it as only having 143gb...
  4. Windows Misreporting Disk Space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Misreporting HDD Performance?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Misreporting HDD Performance?: Hi all,I've been having this bizarre issue where task manager reports my HDD read and write speeds as around 15KB/s with average response times often going up to 3000ms. The HDD performance looks terrible on task manager, but it loads and runs games just fine. Normally this...
  6. Why is WUDFHost.exe using my location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is WUDFHost.exe using my location?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FITYMI [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5mxen/why_is_wudfhostexe_using_my_location/
  7. W10 misreporting Audio Service not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 misreporting Audio Service not running: [ATTACH][ATTACH]Running W10 Pro 2004 build 19041.vb_release.191206-1406… since 1903, periodically the Notification Area icon for Audio speaker has a red x and shows a label "Audio service is not running". This is actually NOT the case... Services shows Windows Audio...
  8. My location is off with windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My location is off with windows 10.: When my location is turned on my location on the weather app and google maps shows me at Frostproof, FL and not N Ft Myers where I am. I must have a hidden VPN going on somehow. How do I fix this?...
  9. Locating My Computer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locating My Computer on Windows 10: I cannot locate My Computer/Computer on my laptop. I have followed all the steps but unsuccessful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-my-computer-on-windows-10/ccd07129-9d8b-4357-8957-ca71f6d9a361
  10. Why is ctfmon.exe using my location?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is ctfmon.exe using my location?: Every once in a while I see the "location in use" icon on the notification bar, but quickly goes away. I just found a way to see who accessed it, on Settings -> Privacy is the offender: ctfmon.exe. Why on earth is a text-input related piece of software would want to...