Windows 10: Why is windows 10 not plug and play

Discus and support Why is windows 10 not plug and play in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Under windows 7 life was so simple. Go to my computer and you see C; D: and DVD E: Now plug in a tablet, camera or phone and it automatically appears.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by otuatail, Jun 21, 2019.

1. otuatail Win User

Why is windows 10 not plug and play

Under windows 7 life was so simple. Go to my computer and you see C; D: and DVD E:

Now plug in a tablet, camera or phone and it automatically appears. My samsung tablet does not appear.

:)

otuatail, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

My plug and play is still on running after 2.5 Hours

Hi Declan,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to stop the plug and play service and again start the service and check the status of this issue. Follow the steps below to stop the Plug and Play service.

• Press Windows Key + R key

• Type “Services.msc” and press Enter

• Right click on Plug and Play and click on stop

• Again start the service.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2019
  4. txstoby Win User

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Why is windows 10 not plug and play - Similar Threads - Why plug play

2. Why are none of my "Plug and Play" working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are none of my "Plug and Play" working?: Why are none of my "Plug and Play" devices working? During installation where it looks for driver software, etc. Could it be because I am running on Microsoft Pro Windows 7?...
  3. Why are none of my "Plug and Play" working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are none of my "Plug and Play" working?: Why are none of my "Plug and Play" devices working? During installation where it looks for driver software, etc. Could it be because I am running on Microsoft Pro Windows 7?...
  4. Plug and Play Printer? Not on Windows 10, Apparently!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plug and Play Printer? Not on Windows 10, Apparently!: How is it that Windows 10 has been designed in such a way as to fail to recognize simple USB connections to basic hardware? I'm attempting to print something on my trust Canon i860 Inkjet. I have never had a serious problem with this printer before which makes it unique among...
  5. Windows 10, plug and play sound

Windows 10, plug and play sound: My windows 10 constantly keeps making the plug and play sound. It does it with nothing plugged into any of my USB ports. In fact, I have nothing external plugged into my laptop. My Windows 10 is up to date. All my drivers are up to date. Why is the happening? How can I figure...
  6. plug-and-play device

plug-and-play device: So I don't know why but for a few days my pc crashes or got blue screns with the error codes: irql not less or equal kmode exception not handled kernel security check failure I looked in the program perform record what the problem is and it turned out that there is an...
  7. Plug & Play

Plug & Play: My laptop upgraded to Windows 10 won't recognize my mp3 player or my phone when I plug them in via USB. The computer doesn't warn me that the drivers are missing, it doesn't even acknowledge that they are plugged in. It does power either device when they are plugged in, but I...
  8. Why is windows 10 not plug and play

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is windows 10 not plug and play: Under windows 7 life was so simple. Go to my computer and you see C; D: and DVD E: Now plug in a tablet, camera or phone and it automatically appears. My samsung tablet does not appear. 135194
  9. Windows 10 Plug and Play

Windows 10 Plug and Play: Windows 10 Plug and Play does not work on Life Zed Air Plus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-plug-and-play/f4bef6c6-41b4-491e-bc5f-c1e221db0e89
  10. Plug and Play

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Plug and Play: Plug and Play will not recognize USB connection of exterior WD1000 hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plug-and-play/99cc0501-49ca-481d-bde7-1a0b9100f1f3