Windows 10: Why is Windows 10 on a remote computer offline after the recent Update?

Discus and support Why is Windows 10 on a remote computer offline after the recent Update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My mother is in a retirement home, an I usually ZOOM with her every second day using a Windows box hidden behind her TV. She is 92 and not able to copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterSteier, May 13, 2021.

1. Why is Windows 10 on a remote computer offline after the recent Update?

My mother is in a retirement home, an I usually ZOOM with her every second day using a Windows box hidden behind her TV. She is 92 and not able to copy with any computer issues. Thus, I log in with TeamViewer or Google Remote Desktop and start the meeting on her side. Both Programs are configured to allow for connections before login.I just had to install a Windows backup today, and, almost as expected, neither connection came online again. Because of COVID-restrictions I cannot go to her room. She is now perfectly isolated. This happens now the third time during the pandemy, and it alway

:)

PeterSteier, May 13, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 13, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Why is Windows 10 on a remote computer offline after the recent Update?

1. Why is Windows 10 on a remote computer offline after the recent Update? - Similar Threads - Why remote computer

2. Windows 10 BSOD after updates, recent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 BSOD after updates, recent: M HP laptop has gone into BSOD. I can't safe boot, it doesn't work. It just keeps going into error after doing the power on, wait for logo, then power off, 5 times. before allowing full boot then and I get same error. PNP Detected Fatal error and it says collecting...
  3. Computer will not download clean windows after recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will not download clean windows after recent update: Hello, I made a Pc build not even a month ago and i was using it with windows 10 perfectly fine up until January 7th where i had updated my windows to the latest version and then after that my computer kept getting stop errors and crashes. I tried to do a clean reboot and...
  4. Computer will not boot after most recent update

Computer will not boot after most recent update: My computer was stuck on the automatic repair loop after an update overnight and now it will not boot at all. I have downloaded windows 10 onto a usb and I’m ready to install it, but the bios screen confuses me. However, i took a chance and plugged in the usb, chose install,...
  5. Computer hangs after recent update

Computer hangs after recent update: Since a recent update of W10 I have noticed that my computer hangs. Activating Task Manager seems to get the laptop working again but it keeps doing it. Also I have noticed that right click type windows keep opening randomly all the time. I have tried a complete reset but...
  6. Computer keeps randomly starting after recent Windows 10 update

Computer keeps randomly starting after recent Windows 10 update: Computer keeps randomly starting after recent Windows 10 update. After the initial update, it asked me to sign in to Microsoft....couldn't find my old password to sign in to some features it required me to sign in to, so I changed the password. It has been randomly rebooting...
  7. Computer failure after recent updates installed

Computer failure after recent updates installed: Have 2 acer laptops that crashed after the latest updates were installed. Did I read right that any older computer or computers that are not on a specific last will not function properly? One of the fixes is to revert to a previous version of windows., Doesn't make sense...
  8. Windows 10 crashes after recent updates

Windows 10 crashes after recent updates: Hello, My PC started to have some problems after recent updates, it crashes every 5-10 minutes with different stop codes: Page fault, watch dog violation, kmode exception not handled and so on. System is AMD Ryzen5 2600X, AS rock master sli X470, RTX2070. Can't figure out...
  9. Problem after updating windows 10 recently

Problem after updating windows 10 recently: After updating my OS to the Windows 10 yestoday, I have encounted two problem with my laptop . 1) After booting ang login, my PC primary moniter just displayed black screen. It will take more than 10 minuters, the display will work again. 2) There is no signal to my...
  10. Updating Offline Computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating Offline Computers: If I have 3 of the same computer systems can I update them from files I get from online computer? Can I just copy the Windows/SoftwareDisribution/download/ folder to the other two? if so do I need to copy anything else. Running on a metered connection makes it hard to keep...