Windows 10: Why is Windows 10 playing sound when I lock my computer, and how to disable this feature

Discus and support Why is Windows 10 playing sound when I lock my computer, and how to disable this feature in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Why is Windows 10 playing sound when I lock my computer, and how to disable this feature. I work for a law firm and I don't listen to anything on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PatrickEdwards4, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Why is Windows 10 playing sound when I lock my computer, and how to disable this feature

Why is Windows 10 playing sound when I lock my computer, and how to disable this feature. I work for a law firm and I don't listen to anything on my PC at all, and have everything muted. So why does audio play when I lock my PC?! This could be a serious HIPAA violation should the PC automatically 'read aloud' client documents or play audio from an online meeting that I'm not listening to, but reading the CC and notes of. I need to know how to keep the computer from un-muting my audio, because I doen't want to be stuck with a $50,000 fee for a HIPAA violation, as a result of a design flaw from Windows 10.

It's my firm's policy to have the PC lock automatically when there isn't any activity for about 3 minutes, so this could occur more than once. I only just noticed because I had to rush to the restroom and locked my PC as I left. To my horror, the meeting I was reading was playing out loud. What if a surprise inspection occurred while I was away?!

:)

PatrickEdwards4, Jan 15, 2020

2. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Unable to play sound in Windows 10

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Let’s try below steps and check if it helps:

• Press (Windows + X) and select
      control panel

• Click on the Sound icon.

• Under play back devices, right click on an empty area and place a check mark on “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show disconnected Devices.

• You will now see the disabled audio devices with the arrow pointing down on them.

• Right click on each listed disabled audio device that you want to enable, click on
      Enable and set it as default.

• Click OK to close the Sound window.

• Restart the computer and check the result.
    If the issue persists you can try the below steps and check if it helps:

Check if any of the sound items in the device manager is disabled. If yes, then enable it. To do this, try these steps.

• Go to Device manager.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers’ item.

• Right click the sub sound items and click
      enable.

• Restart the computer and check the result.
    I suggest you to run the hardware and sound troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshoot” without quotes in search and click on
      Troubleshooting in the results displayed on the left side of the screen.

• In the new window, click
      Hardware and Sound

• In the list of options, click on
      Hardware and Devices.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Why is Windows 10 playing sound when I lock my computer, and how to disable this feature

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

chasedward, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Why is Windows 10 playing sound when I lock my computer, and how to disable this feature

1. Why is Windows 10 playing sound when I lock my computer, and how to disable this feature - Similar Threads - Why playing sound

2. Why does my taskbar lock when I play games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my taskbar lock when I play games?: Whenever I play a game and want to alt tab or go on a different app its locked I dont know any of way to describe it than that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-taskbar-lock-when-i-play-games/b817ba89-77cd-4e9c-9004-f9855b9a5cb8
  3. Why does my taskbar lock when I play games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my taskbar lock when I play games?: Whenever I play a game and want to alt tab or go on a different app its locked I dont know any of way to describe it than that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-taskbar-lock-when-i-play-games/b817ba89-77cd-4e9c-9004-f9855b9a5cb8
  4. How do i lock my mouse when playing games?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i lock my mouse when playing games?: After rebooting my laptop, my cursor started to not lock in place when playing first person games, causing me to accidentally close them multiple times, is it possible to fix this?...
  5. 'Allow notifications to play sounds' option is locked, cannot disable

'Allow notifications to play sounds' option is locked, cannot disable: Since the update yesterday July 8th 2021 all notifications are playing sounds, and System sounds continues to unmute itself within the volume mixer.I searched a bit and found some potential solutions, but now I've run into a problem because the setting I'm suppose to disable...
  6. How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to play a sound when you shut down or lock Windows 10 computer, then this article will show you how to do […] This article How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows will not play sound when I first boot my computer...

Windows will not play sound when I first boot my computer...: When I start my computer it doesn't play almost any sounds. If I change the volume it does ding but when I try to use any other type of sound I don't hear anything and I have to reboot my laptop. I have a Dell Latitude E6530 with Mixcder Devil headphones....
  8. Why there is no sound when play .mkv video?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why there is no sound when play .mkv video?: Why some .mkv file has no sound playing with Movies & TV or WMP? while VCL can play it properly? Is there another issue with Audio driver and Windows 10!?...
  9. Play Sound when Unlock Computer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Play Sound when Unlock Computer in Windows: How to: Play Sound when Unlock Computer in Windows [img] Information Locking your PC protects it from unauthorized use when you need to step away from the PC, and don't want to shut down. When you unlock and sign in when ready to continue where you left off. Other...
  10. Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows: How to: Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows [img] Information Locking your PC protects it from unauthorized use when you need to step away from the PC, and don't want to shut down. When you unlock and sign in when ready to continue where you left off. Other users...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows turn off sound when lock screen

2. windows 10 sound when plocked