Windows 10: Why is Windows 10 riddled with so many bugs and the updates makes the matter worse. [NOV...

Discus and support Why is Windows 10 riddled with so many bugs and the updates makes the matter worse. [NOV... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently purchased a gaming laptop with latest specs and yes "WINDOWS 10 Home". It fast, boots in 2 secs and u can log in within 5 secs.. All seemed... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SalluHunk, Nov 16, 2018.

1. SalluHunk Win User

Why is Windows 10 riddled with so many bugs and the updates makes the matter worse. [NOV...

I recently purchased a gaming laptop with latest specs and yes "WINDOWS 10 Home". It fast, boots in 2 secs and u can log in within 5 secs.. All seemed nice, until the fateful Oct 2018 updates started rolling in and things started getting messy.

1. I started having issue with Windows Defender Virus Protection. It was saying that "Its been controlled by the organization". even though i have admin privileges I cannot get in the windows defender screen or make any changes. I contacted the Microsoft Tech Support and the tech guy remotely logged in to my PC and then he removed "Windows defender" from the registry and then after restarting the PC, I was able to get the control over the application. Then again it happened to me after few weeks down the line. I followed the similar steps to fix the issue.

2. Now since the last update from Oct 10-30th in that time frame, The Windows cannot connect to certain apps which used the Microsoft Account - Cortana, MS Outlook, Microsoft Store, Xbox Live App. If I tried to go in those apps it will give the error message "Could not connect to the internet, seems you are not connected to the internet. Error code 0x800704cf" I looked for that code in the forums and other sites and found that many people are going thru this same issue with some people able to fix it but most could. I followed their steps but couldn't fix mine.

Then I contacted the Tech support and was asked to install the current Oct build of Windows 10 (build ver 1809) but that too didn't fix the issue. So now I again contacted the Tech support, he remotely connected to my system and did sets of procedures in creating a test account, local account and fixing the registry. Now things have gotten worse.

a) I can no longer sign in using my Microsoft account, have to log in thru a local account. And,

b) Now if I sign in to the account or app it wants to setup "Microsoft Hello" , which my laptop doesn't support and there is no way to bypass it, as it seems because the tech guy exhausted all the tricks he had up under his sleeves.

Lastly he suggested me to wipe n factory restore the OS. But then again this problem will come one I start getting the sH***y updates from MSoft which will again break the system.

If anyone facing this issue has a proper solution before doing the clean wipe, I am all ears. I hope this will fall in the deaf ears of Microsoft Windows development team and they will really listen to us (which i feel is a very faint chance) but i am still hopeful.

:)

SalluHunk, Nov 16, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 16, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Why is Windows 10 riddled with so many bugs and the updates makes the matter worse. [NOV...

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Why is Windows 10 riddled with so many bugs and the updates makes the matter worse. [NOV...

1. Why is Windows 10 riddled with so many bugs and the updates makes the matter worse. [NOV... - Similar Threads - Why riddled many

2. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?: THESE COMMENTS/QUESTIONS ARE DIRECTED PRIMARILY AT THE WINDOWS 'PROFESSIONALS' WHO CREATED WINDOWS 11, AND HOUNDED EVERY WINDOWS 10 USER FOR MONTHS TO 'UPGRADE' TO IT.Do the Microsoft 'experts' that spoke about the 'enhanced and improved USER EXPERIENCE' of upgrading to...
  3. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?: THESE COMMENTS/QUESTIONS ARE DIRECTED PRIMARILY AT THE WINDOWS 'PROFESSIONALS' WHO CREATED WINDOWS 11, AND HOUNDED EVERY WINDOWS 10 USER FOR MONTHS TO 'UPGRADE' TO IT.Do the Microsoft 'experts' that spoke about the 'enhanced and improved USER EXPERIENCE' of upgrading to...
  4. WHY ARE THEIR SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY ARE THEIR SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?: THESE COMMENTS/QUESTIONS ARE DIRECTED PRIMARILY AT THE WINDOWS 'PROFESSIONALS' WHO CREATED WINDOWS 11, AND HOUNDED EVERY WINDOWS 10 USER FOR MONTHS TO 'UPGRADE' TO IT.Do the Microsoft 'experts' that spoke about the 'enhanced and improved USER EXPERIENCE' of upgrading to...
  5. WHY ARE THEIR SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY ARE THEIR SO MANY ERRORS/FAILURES/BUGS WITH WINDOWS 11?: THESE COMMENTS/QUESTIONS ARE DIRECTED PRIMARILY AT THE WINDOWS 'PROFESSIONALS' WHO CREATED WINDOWS 11, AND HOUNDED EVERY WINDOWS 10 USER FOR MONTHS TO 'UPGRADE' TO IT.Do the Microsoft 'experts' that spoke about the 'enhanced and improved USER EXPERIENCE' of upgrading to...
  6. Why does Microsoft release an update with so many bugs without more testing? The Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft release an update with so many bugs without more testing? The Windows 10...: Why does Microsoft release an update with so many bugs without more testing? The Windows 10 June 2021 cumulative update cause blue screen. It has only been a few days and this update seems to be problematic. Are they releasing updates, for the sake of releasing an update?I...
  7. Why so many Security Intelligence updates?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why so many Security Intelligence updates?: I have no issues with Defender, but why so many updates for the Security Intelligence updates? I get Security Intelligence updates for KB2267602 every 2 hours or so, all of which are successfully updating and everything. This includes the most up to date version too. I find...
  8. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  9. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  10. Why so many builds

in Windows 10 Support
    Why so many builds: I found this in the mail this morning Windows 10 S is ready for testing (but just barely) | ZDNet Now I am no expert or indeed am I that savvy re computing as some of you will know but I have to say that after using 7 for such a long time and going through what I saw (as I...