Windows 10: why is Windows 10 so bad, and it cannot yet get its act together?

Discus and support why is Windows 10 so bad, and it cannot yet get its act together? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Here;s my beef with Windows 10: A Since I installed Windows 10 a couple of years ago I have experienced continuous problems connecting my laptop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Itzoccor, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Itzoccor Win User

why is Windows 10 so bad, and it cannot yet get its act together?

Here;s my beef with Windows 10:

A Since I installed Windows 10 a couple of years ago I have experienced continuous problems connecting my laptop to my home's wifi network.

A1. For starters, one would assume that "connect automatically" means connecting to that network every time it is in range. But no, sometimes you have to remind Windows 10 that it has to "connect automatically".

A2. I have a 2G and a 5G network. For some reason the connection with the 5G network is unreliable. Often the laptop disconnects without any apparent reason.

A3. While the connection with the 2G is more reliable, it still happens regularly that the laptop looses connection without apparent reason. Initially I thought the problem was related to the energy saving options by the way, nice how these things are automatically set up without your knowledge!. Changing these settings has helped a bit, but the problem continues regularly when the laptop is plugged in, when is not, when I am close to the rooter, when I am away...to summarise, seems to be happening at random.

I have tried all the solutions I could find, without any progress. Eventually I just gave up, and become accustomed to reconnect manually every time the wireless connection is randomly lost. And yet, this is very annoying and very poor: I do not only use the laptop for fun, but for work, and this issue cost me time and productivity.

Final note: using the same laptop but a previous Windows version, I had never experienced these issue before!

B Automatic updates: thank you very much, but this is also very annoying, particularly when your schedule to make an early start at the computer clashes with the schedule of the updates. More minutes of work and productivity lost, thank you very much!

C Related to the automatic updates is the installation of programmes I never asked or wanted. The latest example: Microsoft Teams, which started to pop up every time I started my laptop. Thanks a lot, but I am an adult, and I can decide weather or not I want to use this software.

D another issue I have is with the automatic start of skype: once again, the OS decides for you rather than giving you a choice when and where you want a programme to run.

D It used to be quite straightforward to install another OS alongside Windows. But now with Windows 10 and Bitlocker it has become very complicated. Obviously I could get rid of Windows altogether and the temptation is there, but unfortunately I have to use some windows-based programmes for work. But I am very angry that I am being denied the option to decide to use another OS alongside Windows 10.

And I fear this is just the beginning of a pathway to have your 'personal' computer less and less 'personal'

:)

Itzoccor, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2020
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. why is Windows 10 so bad, and it cannot yet get its act together? - Similar Threads - why bad cannot

2. Why windows is so bad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why windows is so bad: this is the reason. Windows collects user data, is very slow, has to restart for changes in settings and much more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-is-so-bad/bd40aa36-4dbe-4052-acc2-3cba0873f04f
  3. Why windows is so bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows is so bad: this is the reason. Windows collects user data, is very slow, has to restart for changes in settings and much more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-is-so-bad/bd40aa36-4dbe-4052-acc2-3cba0873f04f
  4. Why windows is so bad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is Windows 10 so Bad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is Windows 10 so Bad: I am fed up with Windows 10 and how it operates to print. I cannot find a way to default it from opening up another we page to view and print. It is a total useless and i would prefer to go back to previous version of windows as they were certainly more user friendly. Rant...
  6. Why is Windows 10 Bluetooth so so so bad ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is Windows 10 Bluetooth so so so bad ?: I am sick of connecting through Bluetooth on my Windows 10 1. Disconnects automatically randomly 2. Bluetooth is on but can't connect to the device because it tells that your bluetooth is off. 3. Devices appear when bluetooth is toggled off, disappear when toggled on. 4....
  7. Microsoft need to get their act together

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft need to get their act together: I had read an article that title Microsoft is quietly forcing customers to upgrade to the 1903 build "the bug infested build" even they know that the build is still infested with bug. like the start menu freeze within 5 minutues logging back into window after turning back on...
  8. Why is Windows 10 so bad?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Windows 10 so bad?: All, the unspoken rule is avoid the even numbered Win versions or releases....never more true then with Win 10...each successive update brings unreasonable challenges to users...anyone know if MS can be sued for an incessantly defective product? I have a fast SSD..etc...
  9. Why is windows 10 so bad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is windows 10 so bad?: Windows 10 breaks easily with Microsoft's god damn updates. Sometimes it doesn't work correctly at all. Back in june I couldn't launch Overwatch and that went on until august when I installed Linux and low and behold using wine it started to work. Currently I am back on...
  10. Why is Windows so bad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is Windows so bad: Dear Microsoft, I am a Windows user since Windows 98, hell I even had 2 Windows Phones. But since yesterday after I reinstalled Windows 10 and I am still facing the exact same issues, I am ready to say good bye to it. Windows 10 is an operating system that fails to do...