Windows 10: Why is Windows 10 so stubborn compared to other versions?

Discus and support Why is Windows 10 so stubborn compared to other versions? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Unlike previous versions of Windows, Windows 10 tries very hard to defy users and what they want it to do. As of the October 2018 update (1806 iirc),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by skylarasiala, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Why is Windows 10 so stubborn compared to other versions?

Unlike previous versions of Windows, Windows 10 tries very hard to defy users and what they want it to do. As of the October 2018 update (1806 iirc), the hotspot function seems to be completely unusable, meaning I have to run good old "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" every time. Meanwhile, the update adds several Windows Update protections that interfere with me keeping it turned off. Originally, I could just change the user to .\Guest so Windows couldn't start it and hog all of my system resources. Now, I have discovered the Windows Update Medic Service reverts its settings if it fails to start, meaning I had to uninstall the medic service. Two restarts later, I discover that doing so causes a third stealth program to revert the settings anyways.

TL;DR I ended up revoking the SYSTEM user's write/delete permissions after changing the settings for the Windows Update registry key to stop it once again. I know Microsoft wants us to install updates, but each update makes my computer less stable.

I guess my question is this:
    How do I opt-out of this nonsense without having to gut my registry?

:)

skylarasiala, Feb 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Why is Windows 10 so stubborn compared to other versions?

Delta6326, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Why is Windows 10 so stubborn compared to other versions?

1. Why is Windows 10 so stubborn compared to other versions? - Similar Threads - Why stubborn compared

2. Why is my download speed on my pc so slow compared to other devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my download speed on my pc so slow compared to other devices?: My download speed on my pc is 10-30 Mbps compared to my console and phone which are both 150-200 Mbps when tested. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-download-speed-on-my-pc-so-slow-compared/b3314d24-a8ca-4137-90e9-0dbb640ba642
  3. Why is my download speed on my pc so slow compared to other devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my download speed on my pc so slow compared to other devices?: My download speed on my pc is 10-30 Mbps compared to my console and phone which are both 150-200 Mbps when tested. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-download-speed-on-my-pc-so-slow-compared/b3314d24-a8ca-4137-90e9-0dbb640ba642
  4. Why is my windows 11 user experience so bad compared to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows 11 user experience so bad compared to windows 10?: I guess it seems just a rant/provocation, but really, I've been using W11 for a week and my productivity dropped 50%. Where is my easy to use drag & drop? Why would I want all these new functions open in the terminal? really? What the heck is this?, while the old, useful...
  5. Why is my windows 11 user experience so bad compared to windows 10?

Why is my windows 11 user experience so bad compared to windows 10?: I guess it seems just a rant/provocation, but really, I've been using W11 for a week and my productivity dropped 50%. Where is my easy to use drag & drop? Why would I want all these new functions open in the terminal? really? What the heck is this?, while the old, useful...
  6. Why are some Windows 10 system texts so fussy compared to others?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are some Windows 10 system texts so fussy compared to others?: [ATTACH] I don't know if this is designed by default or not but do you see the difference between the words displayed in photo 1, 2 and 3 and how some words are kind of... fussy? They are not as crispy as others are and sometimes hard to read. Plus they are so small....
  7. Why are the store apps so bad compared vendors standard apps

Why are the store apps so bad compared vendors standard apps: Hi there Why is it in most cases (at least the ones that I've used) the store apps are usually atrocious and have far more limited functionality than the standard apps available usually from the vendors own web site. My latest nag here is on the HP MFP M28-M31 laser printer...
  8. Can someone tell me why agent.exe is so high compared to the others and how I fix this please.

Can someone tell me why agent.exe is so high compared to the others and how I fix this please.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SmedsBaby [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6a1wo/can_someone_tell_me_why_agentexe_is_so_high/
  9. Why is my taskbar and startmenu transparency so weak compared to others?

Why is my taskbar and startmenu transparency so weak compared to others?: Here is my menu and taskbar with transparency ON: https://imgur.com/LZzmRig I feel like the transparency and black color on my windows taskbar/start feels "off". I remember using windows 10 in the past and the transparency was way higher and the black was way blacker, now...
  10. Comparing versions of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Comparing versions of Windows 10: Hi I would like to be able to compare the versions of Windows 10 both already installed on my machine and the version of the ISO on a DVD. I have followed the tutorial on finding this information for an ISO using the DISM command and it would be useful if I could have the...