Windows 10: Why is Windows 10 Version 2004 preventing logon scripts from mapping NAS drives at first...

Discus and support Why is Windows 10 Version 2004 preventing logon scripts from mapping NAS drives at first... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since we updated Windows 10 to Version 2004 that all the machines in our domain stopped mapping NAS drives at first logon. When the users start the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paulo J. F. Martins, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Why is Windows 10 Version 2004 preventing logon scripts from mapping NAS drives at first...

Since we updated Windows 10 to Version 2004 that all the machines in our domain stopped mapping NAS drives at first logon.

When the users start the machines and logon the logon script maps correctly the drives in several servers but not in the NAS.

If they logoff and logon again then the mapping is done correctly.

The problem occurs sistematically and started only after Version 2004 was installed.

It has nothing to do with SMB 1.0 being enabled - it was already enabled before Version 2004 as it was needed because we are talking about an old NAS.

Direct SMB appeared enabled and we disabled it, but it didn't solve the problem.

:)

Paulo J. F. Martins, Jun 6, 2020
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User
    Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-version-1809

Compumind, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Why is Windows 10 Version 2004 preventing logon scripts from mapping NAS drives at first...

Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-version-1809

Brink, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Why is Windows 10 Version 2004 preventing logon scripts from mapping NAS drives at first...

1. Why is Windows 10 Version 2004 preventing logon scripts from mapping NAS drives at first... - Similar Threads - Why Version 2004

2. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  3. NAS - failed to map newtork drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NAS - failed to map newtork drive: Running W10 Pro - 21H1I have a D-Link DSN-323 2 bay NAS storage deviceConnected by ethernet to my home hub, I use it for backups.It maps the 2 x 1 TB drives as volume Y & Z this was achieved using the 'easy connect utility'Went to add backups last week and both Y&Z did not...
  4. Windows 10 Pro won't map network drives from NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro won't map network drives from NAS: Friends, I have Win10Pro running on a Surface 2 laptop. I am trying to connect to a WDMycloudDL2100 unit which is visible on the network under the Storage section, but is not visible when attempting to map a network drive to any of the shares. Clicking on the icon simply...
  5. NAS network mapping fails after update to windows 10 version 2004 or 2009

NAS network mapping fails after update to windows 10 version 2004 or 2009: I have 3 NAS running in my private network: 1 D-Link ShareCenter DNS325, latest Firmware 1.05, no more update available 2 Iomega StorCenter ix2-200, latest Firmware 2.1.50.30227, no more update available 3 QNAP TS-251+, Firmware 4.5.1 I have updated 3 different PC’s to...
  6. Windows 10 2004 Enterprise - will not run logon script when mapping drives to 2003 server...

Windows 10 2004 Enterprise - will not run logon script when mapping drives to 2003 server...: First off, I am pushing to get the old 2003 server replaced, that is being held up due to economic reasons. Up to the 2004 update the logon scripts ran fine and mapped drives to various servers - 2003, 2008,2012,2016. When 2004 is installed the logon scripts stall at the...
  7. Version 2004 network issues when drives are mapped

Version 2004 network issues when drives are mapped: Hi, Ive got quiet a few access points and switches dotted around. Couple of NAS drives. These work great. I map them as drive letters and all works great. Diff story for a couple drives connected to access point and routers USB port. If I map any folder on these drives they...
  8. Map NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Map NAS Drive: I just purchased a new computer and would like to map my NAS drive. I was able to do this with my old computer but for some reason, the NAS does not show up as a computer on the new one. I can see the NAS drive as a media and other device but cannot map the drive from here....
  9. Windows 10 Logon Script

Windows 10 Logon Script: Hello all, I'm trying to figure out why Windows 10 doesn't seem to like to show something on startup to my networks users on login. A bit of information is that we have a server with different logon scripts depending on what drives the person needs to see when they log in....
  10. Unable to map NAS drive

Unable to map NAS drive: I have a NAS drive (WD My Cloud Mirror) that was originally set up and mapped to an older laptop of mine. I have not used this NAS drive in a while. I recently dusted off the drive and tried to connect it to my new laptop when I ran into difficulties. The NAS drive is...