Windows 10: Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?

Discus and support Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer? I resisted upgrading for a long time because of these suspected issues with hew builds. Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RC246, Mar 31, 2023.

1. RC246 Win User

Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?

Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer? I resisted upgrading for a long time because of these suspected issues with hew builds. Microsoft kept pestering me to upgrade every time I log on and now that I have done it, my computer keeps crashing and rebooting. "It looks like your system has run into a problem and needs to restart" we are just collecting some data, and still the problem persists. This never happened with Windows 10 and if it is not corrected; I am thinking seriously about going back to Windows 10. This is serious because you could be doing something sensitive like e.g

:)

RC246, Mar 31, 2023
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 1, 2023
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 1, 2023
  4. Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?

Windows 11 Crashes Apparently Caused by Agent Ransack.

Hello,

Windows 11 is apparently crashing due to Agent Ransack, refer following.

Can you please provide any suggestions etc?

A summary follows;

1. I have not observed a crash if Agent Ransack is not in use,
    2. An increase of virtual memory, refer following, apparently assisted, though crashes still occur,
    3. The crashes apparently only occur if both: searching with Agent Ransack, and using Windows Media Center;
      1. The same search without Windows Media Center apparently does not crash,
      2. Yes, Windows Media Center – I have not found a suitable alternative, and
      3. I experienced only one crash, despite “thousands” of searches using both: Windows 10, and Windows Media Centre; on another computer.
    4. I have updated to the latest revision of Agent Ransack,
    5. The crash’s likelihood is apparently related to search’s character length,
    6. I have access to a computer with Windows 10 that successfully completes a search that causes Windows 11 to crash, and
    7. I unsuccessfully trialled changing the hard drive being searched,

The crash errors include the following:

1. Kernel mode heap corruption
    2. Bad pool caller, and
    3. Page in non page area.

Thanks and regards.

Agent Ransack:

Agent Ransack – Mythicsoft

Virtual Memory:

How to manage virtual memory on windows 11

20160217Windowsuser, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?

1. Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer? - Similar Threads - Why crashing often

2. Why is my computer getting stuck on windows updates so often?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer getting stuck on windows updates so often?: Hello.I have this problem where quite often during a windows update it gets stuck on this screen: “Preparing to configure windows”“Don’t Turn off your computer” BelowIt happens quite a bit and I am not sure why.One possible reason is that my computer has a HDD rather then a...
  3. Why is my computer getting stuck on windows updates so often?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer getting stuck on windows updates so often?: Hello.I have this problem where quite often during a windows update it gets stuck on this screen: “Preparing to configure windows”“Don’t Turn off your computer” BelowIt happens quite a bit and I am not sure why.One possible reason is that my computer has a HDD rather then a...
  4. Why is my computer getting stuck on windows updates so often?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?: Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer? I resisted upgrading for a long time because of these suspected issues with hew builds. Microsoft kept pestering me to upgrade every time I log on and now that I have done it, my computer keeps crashing and rebooting. "It...
  6. Why does windows 11 update so often?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows 11 update so often?: Every time the upgrade it requires a reboot. It is very irritating and disrupts my working. Not to mention loss of productivity. Is there a way to disable windows updates or pause updates more than a week like a month? I will take responsibility for security issues. Instead...
  7. Why does windows 11 update so often?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does windows 11 update so often?: Every time the upgrade it requires a reboot. It is very irritating and disrupts my working. Not to mention loss of productivity. Is there a way to disable windows updates or pause updates more than a week like a month? I will take responsibility for security issues. Instead...
  8. Computer freezing every so often

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer freezing every so often: I have noticed my computer freezing every so often. It happens more often when I am playing certain games. However I have noticed several events happening around the same time as the freezes. They are Events 129 and 153. I have run a memory check and storage check on the...
  9. Windows Explorer Crashing Every so Often?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Crashing Every so Often?: So I got KB4551762 recently, and the day of the update Windows Explorer would crash every 15 minutes or so and Avast refused to start. After a fresh reinstall of Avast and multiple scans (I thought it was a virus at first) the problem sorta went away-ish? Right now it only...
  10. BSOD laptop crashing so often

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD laptop crashing so often: Hi, I am running into a problem with my 1 year old DELL Laptop XPS 15 9560 where it is crashing everyday atleast once. This is the last minidump file I got: Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (http://www.osr.com) Online Crash Dump Analysis...