Windows 10: Why is windows 11 requiring me as admin to run apps in admin mode

Discus and support Why is windows 11 requiring me as admin to run apps in admin mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time i try to update file, or attempt to play certain games my system forces me to run said app in admin mode. I am the admin of my computer, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Timzl1, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Timzl1 Win User

Why is windows 11 requiring me as admin to run apps in admin mode

Every time i try to update file, or attempt to play certain games my system forces me to run said app in admin mode. I am the admin of my computer, and it is very annoying to have to do this every time i turn around. I have had even more problems with this since the last windows update

:)

Timzl1, Oct 2, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 2, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

Bree, Oct 2, 2022
  4. djmcnz Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Why is windows 11 requiring me as admin to run apps in admin mode - Similar Threads - Why requiring admin

2. Shift - M requires I run apps in admin mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift - M requires I run apps in admin mode.: I've had issues with typing capital "m". For some reason, I cannot type "M" with apps that are not running in admin mode. I have to use caps lock. The problem is only for "m", all other keys work fine. I have updated my keyboard drivers. I have updated windows. I checked out...
  3. Shift - M requires I run apps in admin mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift - M requires I run apps in admin mode.: I've had issues with typing capital "m". For some reason, I cannot type "M" with apps that are not running in admin mode. I have to use caps lock. The problem is only for "m", all other keys work fine. I have updated my keyboard drivers. I have updated windows. I checked out...
  4. Apps not running as admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not running as admin.: i cant run apps as an administrator,it say "restriction" even tho i am the only administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-not-running-as-admin/78bb2e04-a624-409e-8a1f-3252a3e9f9ff
  5. Apps not running as admin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not running as admin.: i cant run apps as an administrator,it say "restriction" even tho i am the only administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-not-running-as-admin/78bb2e04-a624-409e-8a1f-3252a3e9f9ff
  6. Why is windows 11 requiring me as admin to run apps in admin mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows 11 requiring me as admin to run apps in admin mode: Every time i try to update file, or attempt to play certain games my system forces me to run said app in admin mode. I am the admin of my computer, and it is very annoying to have to do this every time i turn around. I have had even more problems with this since the last...
  7. everything seems to run as admin without me clicking "run as admin"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    everything seems to run as admin without me clicking "run as admin"?: a while back i had to give myself more permissions in order to bring files over from my old PC. i have no had any issues with this since, but have noticed some programs that point out to me that i am going to "run it as admin" even though i have no clicked the option to do so...
  8. Apps Started Requiring Admin Privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps Started Requiring Admin Privileges: I have admin rights on my computer. Up until about a week ago the vast majority of the apps I ran didn't need to be run as administrator. But all of a sudden stuff won't run unless I run it as administrator. I haven't changed anything as far as user account controls or admin...
  9. I can't run anything that requires me to be in admin mode, not even factory reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't run anything that requires me to be in admin mode, not even factory reset.: So I bought a laptop about two years ago. I'm a software developer and I'd use it always, until I got to try Linux and made my developer life easier. I ended up deciding on making it dual boot and after some time I decided to factory reset the windows partition so i could use...
  10. Can't run anything that requires admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run anything that requires admin: I can't run anything that requires admin. When I try to it doesn't do anything [ATTACH] Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-that-requires-admin/2e5a6270-5fc0-4657-ae99-f57e1b9d4095