Windows 10: Why Is Windows Biometric Services Taking So Much CPU?

Discus and support Why Is Windows Biometric Services Taking So Much CPU? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I start my laptop, it comes up just fine. But then Windows Biometric Services starts taking 18% of the CPU and stays there until I end the task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TexasBandit, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Why Is Windows Biometric Services Taking So Much CPU?

When I start my laptop, it comes up just fine. But then Windows Biometric Services starts taking 18% of the CPU and stays there until I end the task manually. I have reloaded the Biometric driver, but the issue persists. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

:)

TexasBandit, Apr 25, 2019
  2. TOABill Win User

windows biometric service

Windows biometric service is constantly active taking up 18 to 22 percent of CPU capacity. Is there any way to isolate the source? A clean boot will require a fair amount of time that I don't wish to waste.

TOABill, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Service Host: Windows Biometric Service and Service Host: Local System (2) high cpu usage

Service Host: Windows Biometric Service and Service Host: Local System (2) high CPU usage. I don't open many apps but this two service occupy most of my CPU availability. The CPU usage is very high and my computer always hot because of this, even after
    sleep.

Please help me to solve this!

YoungYoung29, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Why Is Windows Biometric Services Taking So Much CPU?

High constant usage "Service Host: WIndows Biometric Service" in Task Manager sucking CPU power

I couldn't find any TechNet forum issues directly addressing this problem with the Windows Biometric Service. After reading through a few dozen loosely related TechNet issues, they all had high CPU usage due to random subprocesses of SvcHost. None mentioned
    the Windows Biometric Service. But, all issues had the same resolve: stop the service and prevent it from running. What a brilliant solution!

"Doctor Obvious, please help me. Whenever I lift my arms above my shoulders, my heart stops beating. Dr. replies, 'Well,
    don't do that. Let me know if that doesn't do the trick. And, don't forget to settle-up today's bill on your way out.'"

I hope somebody here eventually has a better resolve than go ask somewhere else or
    stop using it.

David L. Burkhart, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Why Is Windows Biometric Services Taking So Much CPU?

1. Why Is Windows Biometric Services Taking So Much CPU? - Similar Threads - Why Biometric Services

2. Why is so much of my CPU being used on my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is so much of my CPU being used on my laptop?: While there are no applications running on my desktop, I usually get no more than 3-4% CPU usage. However, on my laptop I am getting anywhere from 40% to even sometimes close to 100% of CPU usage when there are no foreground programs running. Both systems are running Windows...
  3. windows biometric service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows biometric service: Windows biometric service is constantly active taking up 18 to 22 percent of CPU capacity. Is there any way to isolate the source? A clean boot will require a fair amount of time that I don't wish to waste....
  4. Windows update cleanup - why is it taking so long?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update cleanup - why is it taking so long?: My hard drive space is low right now due to a project, so I decided to gain a bit back by deleting old windows update files. So I went into disk cleanup and selected clean update files, and it's been doing this slowly for over 90 minutes already. It said there was about 30GB...
  5. Windows update cleanup - why is it taking so long?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update cleanup - why is it taking so long?: My hard drive space is low right now due to a project, so I decided to gain a bit back by deleting old windows update files. So I went into disk cleanup and selected clean update files, and it's been doing this slowly for over 90 minutes already. It said there was about 30GB...
  6. What is taking so much space?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is taking so much space?: So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining. I went into explorer options and enabled viewing hidden files and folders and disabled hiding system files. Then I selected all the files in C drive and viewed it's...
  7. What is taking so much space?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is taking so much space?: So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining. I went into explorer options and enabled viewing hidden files and folders and disabled hiding system files. Then I selected all the files in C drive and viewed it's...
  8. why does windows defender miss so much

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does windows defender miss so much: Im currently running win10 and got infested with updane 230 files and locations. and windows defender did not find 1 .. I ran it as a start up , full scan and nothing. I dont think Microsoft should not be pushing this as this is all you need.. I installed Malwarebytes and...
  9. antimalware service taking up too much resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    antimalware service taking up too much resources: lately i have noticed that microsofts antimalware service is taking up too much CPU and ram and makeing my laptop very hot (fans on high) and it stays like thata for the reminander of the usage until reboot on and off. itwas never like that before but it seems ti be doing...
  10. Why is everything using so much cpu usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is everything using so much cpu usage?: So I've had win10 since release, and nothing ever even took more than like 5% cpu, and today spotify is using 30%, firefox is jumping around 15 to 30%, my games are taking around 40%. I havent seen any new windows updates, was anything changed to cause this or what could...