Windows 10: why is windows defender antivirus update taking more time to update than necessary?

Discus and support why is windows defender antivirus update taking more time to update than necessary? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The windows defender antivirus icon showed a message indicating that action is needed. Then, I tried to update it the first time, though, the update... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by YOUSUFTESLIM, Oct 8, 2019.

1. why is windows defender antivirus update taking more time to update than necessary?

The windows defender antivirus icon showed a message indicating that action is needed.

Then, I tried to update it the first time, though, the update process didn't complete.

But when I restart my PC, it shows no action is needed.

The following day, after booting the system I used it for a while then it shows a message indicating that action is needed.

Afterwards, all my attempts to update the windows defender antivirus has been in vain.

Because it cuts severally times during the update process.

Please, I want a lasting solution to this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks in anticipation.

Warm regards.

:)

YOUSUFTESLIM, Oct 8, 2019

2. Is antivirus necessary for Windows 10?

Windows 10 ships with the in-built Anti-Virus product Windows Defender.

I suggest to take the time to read the following articles:

Jsssssssss, Oct 8, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond why is windows defender antivirus update taking more time to update than necessary? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 8, 2019
  4. why is windows defender antivirus update taking more time to update than necessary?

Windows update failing

I found the same error "80072EE2" - I found that it is no use just close antivirus, enable windows update in firewal.É necessary to go into property Computer, Manage, Security Firewall, Add Windows Update there with rules Input and Output .Here I decided so.

Carlos José Conceição, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

why is windows defender antivirus update taking more time to update than necessary?

1. why is windows defender antivirus update taking more time to update than necessary? - Similar Threads - why defender antivirus

2. Windows KB5018418 Update takes up more than 122GB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows KB5018418 Update takes up more than 122GB?: Hi,I was using Get-WindowsUpdate to check how much gb it took, and it shows 122GB?I don't know if this is a mistake or not, but it also wont let me update this ^...
  3. Windows KB5018418 Update takes up more than 122GB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows KB5018418 Update takes up more than 122GB?: Hi,I was using Get-WindowsUpdate to check how much gb it took, and it shows 122GB?I don't know if this is a mistake or not, but it also wont let me update this ^...
  4. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates taking more than 10 hours: Windows has been running "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2" for more then 10 hours. It was stuck several time previously, now at 90%. I was previously stuck at 60% and 87% before I rebooted. Have tried everything I know of....
  5. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates taking more than 10 hours: Windows has been running "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2" for more then 10 hours. It was stuck several time previously, now at 90%. I was previously stuck at 60% and 87% before I rebooted. Have tried everything I know of....
  6. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours

Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours: Started the update on Tuesday around 5:00 pm and it was still running the following day at 5:00 pm. Message said it was running the update 100%. I need my computer so I shut it off. When I restarted it backed the upgrade back off automatically since it wasn't finished....
  8. my windows update is taking more time

my windows update is taking more time: my windows update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 ) is taking longer time.Its getting stuck at 86%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-update-is-taking-more-time/8ef33fc2-092d-46ea-8524-8424250af4d1
  9. Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours

Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours: I feel as if my laptop has been kidnapped by Windows updating. This Windows 10 update has taken nearly 48 hours so afar and is STILL running. I can't get into the lock screen or home screen to sign out of the internet or make changes to update schedules. The update is not...
  10. Window defender antivirus update not updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window defender antivirus update not updating: Window defender antivirus update not updating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-antivirus-update-not-updating/13902d0b-f830-443e-ab42-6c06fcba69ae