Windows 10: Why is Windows Explorer search function so terrible?

Discus and support Why is Windows Explorer search function so terrible? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The default search does not consider parts of a file name. For example you can name a file "abcdef.txt" and it will not be found by looking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DickInTitButt, Apr 15, 2023.

1. Why is Windows Explorer search function so terrible?

The default search does not consider parts of a file name.

For example you can name a file "abcdef.txt" and it will not be found by looking for "bcdef".

This weakness must have been programmed on purpose because Search on Windows 7 was better.

This software behaviour is not desireable.

submitted by /u/DickInTitButt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DickInTitButt, Apr 15, 2023
Thema:

Why is Windows Explorer search function so terrible?

1. Why is Windows Explorer search function so terrible? - Similar Threads - Why Explorer search

2. Why is windows toolbar search so terrible?

in Cortana
    Why is windows toolbar search so terrible?: Here is someone else complaining about it too: How is the Windows search bar still so bad? - Microsoft Community That was 2 years ago, and it looks like microsoft did not even bother to respond. I wanted to open up a settings window called "microphone properties". I have to...
  3. Why is windows toolbar search so terrible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows toolbar search so terrible?: Here is someone else complaining about it too: How is the Windows search bar still so bad? - Microsoft Community That was 2 years ago, and it looks like microsoft did not even bother to respond. I wanted to open up a settings window called "microphone properties". I have to...
  4. Why is windows toolbar search so terrible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is Windows 10 so terrible?

Why is Windows 10 so terrible?: I go to an online school, PAcyber, and they have us using Windows 10 laptops. They are terrible. I am on my fourth computer and probably soon to be fifth come tomorrow.Why? Because these computers screw up EVERYTHING. My laptop randomly restarted when I was doing homework and...
  6. Why is this system so terrible?

Why is this system so terrible?: Second time posting this in the last week. I turned on my computer and it said I incorrectly entered my PIN. I dont use a pin, never have and never will because my brain is capable of remembering more than 4 characters. I'm asking a lot of you to read this ehole thing but...
  7. Why is this system so terrible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this system so terrible?: Turn on computerComputer asks for pin instead of passwordType my normal password out of muscle memory before realizing it wants a pinComputer now locks me out for 5 minutes because I entered the wrong pin yoo many times.It was one time ajd my computer was on for about 15...
  8. why is this product so terrible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is this product so terrible?: Despite what I'd assume to be hundreds of millions of cumulative dollars and hours of r&d YOU MICROSOFT have made the WORST piece of mandatory spyware I've ever seen. Billions aren't enough? come on, make a solid product stop forcing me to give you information in a CONSTANT...
  9. why is this product so terrible?

why is this product so terrible?: Despite what I'd assume to be hundreds of millions of cumulative dollars and hours of r&d YOU MICROSOFT have made the WORST piece of mandatory spyware I've ever seen. Billions aren't enough? come on, make a solid product stop forcing me to give you information in a CONSTANT...
  10. Why is Windows so terrible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is Windows so terrible?: Why has windows gotten worse and worse? why has windows gotten so restrictive with customization? Why has Windows followed Apple down the rabbit hole of self-destruction? Has windows forgotten that PC users like to have freedoms, customization capabilities, and don't like...