Windows 10: Why is windows GUI is so unstable, and why there is no option to restart it? This happens...

Discus and support Why is windows GUI is so unstable, and why there is no option to restart it? This happens... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Again, the game, or crapvidia drivers crashed, and a WER error report error message appeared, that it couldn't send the error report, so the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by afasfwwr2, Jul 15, 2019.

1. afasfwwr2 Win User

Why is windows GUI is so unstable, and why there is no option to restart it? This happens...

Hi

Again, the game, or crapvidia drivers crashed, and a WER error report error message appeared, that it couldn't send the error report, so the error at the error... But this is irrelevant. Which is relevant, that a fullscreen application can make windows 10 GUI stuck, just like now, and this isn't the first occurence, this more or less happens since windows 95 so more than twenty years: the fullscreen application stuck but stays on top of any other windows, even the new windows, for example task manager. And without task manager, i can't do anything to help this. Alt-tab window selection works, i can click on X and close windows EXCEPT the errored fullscreen window, and nothing changes if i just select an other window. Ctrl-alt-del works, but even after locking the desktop, and log back, i get the same stucked full screen app again, over any other windows. The only solution is to log off/sign out, losing everything that is started.

And this is the better event, as there was such things like the fullscreen application made the screen black, with a moving mouse cursor, but nothing more. Not even ctrl-alt-del worked, and while the system actually was running (seeing it from the moveable cursor, HDD led activity, and ethernet activity), the only solution was to push the reset button. Even the short push of power button signal didn't reach the windows kernel, as when the GUI stuck, everything is stuck.

In linux there is a key combination to restart the full GUI subsystem, and also keys to jump in TRUE console (so not a window with console like in windows). In 2019 microsoft isn't able to do this.

It's ridicolous that windows is so rigged to its badly developed unstable GUI, and can't be controlled without it. Even the windows server editions have gui, just opening a full screen command prompt by default, as this system can't work in true console mode.

But then why there isn't any solution to restart the crashed GUI? It seems to be so simple... however i saw many simple things that microsoft can't solve...

Here is a video showing that, it starts after ctrl-alt-del and lock desktop. Task manager isn't appears when i press ctrl-alt-esc, nor if i try to start from ctrl-alt-del view. I also have a shortcut that kills explorer.exe and restarts it, but not even the shortcut key combinations work. It seems key input also locked to GUI.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjWZ3HlEunQqhEIZHOeWy6kMZcON?e=0Xk3ru
    No matter which GPU, i had such problems both with AMD, and nvidia cards, with win 95, 98, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10...

:)

afasfwwr2, Jul 15, 2019
  2. little cat, Jul 15, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why is windows GUI is so unstable, and why there is no option to restart it? This happens... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Why is windows GUI is so unstable, and why there is no option to restart it? This happens...

Restarting and sleep option

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue.

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Why is windows GUI is so unstable, and why there is no option to restart it? This happens...

1. Why is windows GUI is so unstable, and why there is no option to restart it? This happens... - Similar Threads - Why GUI unstable

2. Why is my FPS suddenly so unstable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my FPS suddenly so unstable?: Since yesterday, my fps has been very unstable and I don't know why. I have a laptop with an rtx 3060 gpu and a ryzen 5800h cpu as well as 16gb ram. The laptop is less than 2 months old btw. Before yesterday, I had perfectly stable fps, I have it capped at 150 fps in all...
  3. Why is my FPS suddenly so unstable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my FPS suddenly so unstable?: Since yesterday, my fps has been very unstable and I don't know why. I have a laptop with an rtx 3060 gpu and a ryzen 5800h cpu as well as 16gb ram. The laptop is less than 2 months old btw. Before yesterday, I had perfectly stable fps, I have it capped at 150 fps in all...
  4. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  5. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  6. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why is My Internet So Slow and Unstable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is My Internet So Slow and Unstable?: I have been using public Wifi for some months now with no issues but recently I have been having problems where the internet constantly drops connection literally every 10-15 seconds after it connects and wont load a web page, but I noticed I was able to use it after around...
  8. Why Windows 10 is so unstable and Microsoft products are so bad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Windows 10 is so unstable and Microsoft products are so bad?: Why are Microsoft products so bad? I'm not trolling. Genuinely I have this question: How is it possible for one of the biggest companies in the world to create such bad products. Windows 10 is a disease, the most unstable OS with the worst user experience ever, Windows 7...
  9. Why is Windows 10 so unstable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Windows 10 so unstable?: I'd like to know if there is a way to make Windows 10 just work. It's always been buggy, like the photo viewer freezing, menus always scrolling up no matter what, making me have to force shut down. And everytime I have to update because "Your current version is nearing...
  10. Why is this happening or not happening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is this happening or not happening: I have 50 feature updates for may update 1903 but 1903 hasn't and won't install. Now I am downloading feature updates for 1909 but it hasn't installed either...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is windows 10 so unstable

2. why is windows so unstable