Windows 10: Why is Windows Hello needed to add a second Microsoft mail account to Windows 10 Mail?

Discus and support Why is Windows Hello needed to add a second Microsoft mail account to Windows 10 Mail? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; It makes no sense to me that, in order to add a second mail account to Windows Mail, I need to activate Windows Hello on the account and provide my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VM0, Mar 20, 2019.

1. VM0
    VM0 Win User

Why is Windows Hello needed to add a second Microsoft mail account to Windows 10 Mail?

It makes no sense to me that, in order to add a second mail account to Windows Mail, I need to activate Windows Hello on the account and provide my fingerprint or PIN. Who designed this feature this way and why? Some of us are not comfortable having our face or fingerprints scanned. There seems to be no way to get around the Windows Hello requirement.

:)

2. Kreij Win User

Windows Mail

Yes, Windows mail (on Vista) is almost identical to Windows Live Mail (which I use here at work on XP), and have multiple accounts set up.

Windows Live Mail has one of the best out-of-the-box spam detectors I have ever seen in an e-mail client, and of course, it's free.

The one thing I like about WLM over Windows Mail on Vista, is that WLM does not use popup box verification when you delete the entire junk mailbox (it does, however, on the deleted mailbox). If I hit the delete key for a whole mailbox, I mean it. Honestly, you don't have to ask me if I am sure about what I am doing.

Kreij, Mar 20, 2019
  3. techbuzz Win User
    Windows Mail

Is it possible to set up more than one email account when using Windows Mail? I hate Thunderbird because I could never get more than one email account set up and be able to send mail from both accounts. The outgoing servers kept on getting mixed up.

Thanks in advance.

techbuzz, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Dilbert Win User

Why is Windows Hello needed to add a second Microsoft mail account to Windows 10 Mail?

Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Why is Windows Hello needed to add a second Microsoft mail account to Windows 10 Mail? - Similar Threads - Why Hello needed

2. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  3. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  4. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  5. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  6. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

7. Windows Mail Will Not Add Other Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail Will Not Add Other Accounts: I have recently bought a new laptop and am trying to add my email accounts to Mail. It accepts the Outlook account but for each of the other 3 accounts Gmail, Blueyonder and Cytanet I enter the address, what name I want for outgoing messages and the password and then it...
  8. Windows Mail Will Not Add Other Accounts

Windows Mail Will Not Add Other Accounts: I have recently bought a new laptop and am trying to add my email accounts to Mail. It accepts the Outlook account but for each of the other 3 accounts Gmail, Blueyonder and Cytanet I enter the address, what name I want for outgoing messages and the password and then it...
  9. How do I add a second microsoft account to Windows 10 Mail app without Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I add a second microsoft account to Windows 10 Mail app without Windows Hello: Hello My young children have email accounts - one gmail account and a 2 have hotmail accounts. For the children with hotmail accounts, 1 logs into a windows 10 laptop with that hotmail account and has a Windows Hello pin, and the other does not use it for logging into any...
  10. Windows 10 Mail - Cannot Add AOL Mail Account

Windows 10 Mail - Cannot Add AOL Mail Account: AOL Mail stopped receiving emails on 8/4/18. Went to my account - Mail - then tried to click on my AOL Mail account it would not open for me to see if there were any issues. Next I contacted Microsoft Support and they scanned all system files & drivers and was not able...