Windows 10: Why is windows Hello so awful?

Discus and support Why is windows Hello so awful? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I bought a Microsoft Surface Book 2 when they first came out and initially had no problems with windows Hello. However, it stopped working over 6... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by W JAshall, Aug 29, 2020.

1. W JAshall Win User

Why is windows Hello so awful?

I bought a Microsoft Surface Book 2 when they first came out and initially had no problems with windows Hello. However, it stopped working over 6 months ago and none of the suggested fixes work.

1. Windows hello thinks that my camera is not compatible - it is.
    2. All windows updates are installed, so please don't tell me to do that again.
    3. The camera drivers are fine, front and back. I reinstalled then anyway, but it didn't fix it.
    4. I've updated the registry - that didn't work.
    5. I've updated the Biometrics - that didn't work.
    6. I can't remove windows Hello as it is greyed out, so I can't re-teach it to recognise me. I also can't improve its recognition, as that is greyed out too.
    7. I can't switch to fingerprint sign in, because apparently my touchpad is not compatible.

Has anyone been able to fix this?

How come MS can sell machines with persistent bugs like these and show no interest in helping users fix them? I've been trying on and off for over 6 months to fix this, and each time I access this forum I'm told to do those same things that didn't work before...

:)

W JAshall, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Bones1215 Win User

Is AWS connecting to the internet

I have scanned my network on my Windows 10 and Windows 10 Pro and I fin AWS is in the list after the scan. Is AWS a part of the Microsoft network, I know AWS has been working for Microsoft already. So is AWS capable of connecting to my windows. Yes I have
    allowed everything in Windows Experience. Is there a switching it off in firewall?

Bones1215, Aug 29, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Windows hello

Hi Abdullah,

To resolve this camera issue for your Windows Hello, we suggest that you run Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on 'search' and select 'settings' and type 'Troubleshooting' and select 'Troubleshooting'
    • Click on 'Hardware and Sound' and select 'Hardware and 'Devices' and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Why is windows Hello so awful? - Similar Threads - Why Hello awful

2. Why my Explorer looks so awful?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my Explorer looks so awful?: I already had this trouble before, and just formatting my computer solved it. Today, I received a Intel Display update, after it got installed, the Tips app opened and said "You are in tablet mode!", suddently, after restarting my notebook that doesn't have touch interactions...
  3. Why my Explorer looks so awful?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my Explorer looks so awful?: I already had this trouble before, and just formatting my computer solved it. Today, I received a Intel Display update, after it got installed, the Tips app opened and said "You are in tablet mode!", suddently, after restarting my notebook that doesn't have touch interactions...
  4. Why is download integrity so awful?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is download integrity so awful?: I just got a new laptop and download integrity is off the charts terrible. It was terrible in Windows 10 and just as terrible in Windows 11. I can't even download a near 2TB file from my cloud storage. The speed is amazingly slow with a wired connection and then the download...
  5. Why is download integrity so awful?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is download integrity so awful?: I just got a new laptop and download integrity is off the charts terrible. It was terrible in Windows 10 and just as terrible in Windows 11. I can't even download a near 2TB file from my cloud storage. The speed is amazingly slow with a wired connection and then the download...
  6. Why is windows text to speech so awful?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is windows text to speech so awful?: I use in browser text to speech program for listening to things because of bad eyesight and sometimes it is just nice to lay back and listen or do other stuff while listening. Recently kindle browser version blocked text to speech programs. So I tried using their app that has...
  7. Why is Windows Hello so broken for me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Windows Hello so broken for me?: It gets so annoying, I scan my fingerprint, it says “Hello, Andrew!” like it’s about to unlock, but then it just doesn’t, and when I try to scan again it just flickers the prompt and doesn’t unlock. This gets really annoying because I have a longer password. Why is this so...
  8. Why product which I purchase is so awful?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why product which I purchase is so awful?: Why product which I purchase is so awful? Why multibilionare company like Microsoft cant find and fix issue with deleting of duplicated languages as UK and US English Who the hell in microsoft decided that big floating box which appears when you change volume is so big, and...
  9. Why is File Explorer Search so dang awful???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is File Explorer Search so dang awful???: What should be a simple search in a single folder takes 20-30 minutes. What should be a simple filename search is now running into hours. File Explorer Search has been broken for a long time in multiple iterations of Windows. PLEASE FIX IT or go back to using one of the...
  10. Why Is the Micrsoft store on Pc such an awful experience?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why Is the Micrsoft store on Pc such an awful experience?: Now before you stupid bots get confused I'm not saying that the store isn't functioning, it is kind off so don't offer me solutions. What I'm refering to is the awful userface and the fact that it just doesn't work I know I said it is working but what I mean are issues at...