Windows 10: Why is windows media running my games?

Discus and support Why is windows media running my games? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I started my PC I noticed something strange, ALL my games had a music icon on the instead of their normal thumbnail I opened them and it said:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SpeedVR, Apr 20, 2020.

1. SpeedVR Win User

Why is windows media running my games?

When I started my PC I noticed something strange, ALL my games had a music icon on the instead of their normal thumbnail I opened them and it said: Why is windows media running my games? 19c61762-67ec-4073-aba1-690106eeaa1c?upload=true.jpg

Is this a bug? I tried converting them back but couldn't all my games are from the epic games store.

Does anyone know why the media player is doing this?

:)

SpeedVR, Apr 20, 2020

2. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Why is windows media running my games?

Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Why is windows media running my games?

1. Why is windows media running my games? - Similar Threads - Why media running

2. why isnt my roblox game running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why isnt my roblox game running: i used roblox and it wont open the roblox game to play the game i wanna play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-my-roblox-game-running/2aa6d30a-ae27-4d82-a983-94be0cdd5757
  3. why isnt my roblox game running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why isnt my roblox game running: i used roblox and it wont open the roblox game to play the game i wanna play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-my-roblox-game-running/2aa6d30a-ae27-4d82-a983-94be0cdd5757
  4. Why are games running slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are games running slow.: Hello, I have a Radeon RX 6700 XT MEECH 2X 12G OC graphics card. When I try to run simple games, my fps is super low, like tops is 20. I've watched videos, online tutorials, nothing is working. I've even purchased new cards tot test, and none work. I also reinstalled the...
  5. Why are games running slow.

Why are games running slow.: Hello, I have a Radeon RX 6700 XT MEECH 2X 12G OC graphics card. When I try to run simple games, my fps is super low, like tops is 20. I've watched videos, online tutorials, nothing is working. I've even purchased new cards tot test, and none work. I also reinstalled the...
  6. Why are games running slow.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why are my games are running slow after installing Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my games are running slow after installing Windows 11?: Since installing Windows 11 my games are running in slow motion. I tried to adjust the resolution, but I'm locked out of making any changes on my laptop....
  8. Why are my games are running slow after installing Windows 11?

Why are my games are running slow after installing Windows 11?: Since installing Windows 11 my games are running in slow motion. I tried to adjust the resolution, but I'm locked out of making any changes on my laptop....
  9. Why won't Games G5 not run in windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why won't Games G5 not run in windows 10?: Why won't games G5 run in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-games-g5-not-run-in-windows-10/56563287-3c65-44a8-b528-9671bb0f9bbb
  10. Why my computer doesn't run games smoothly anymore?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my computer doesn't run games smoothly anymore?: I dont know what started this, but suddenly when i start playing games my pc doesn't run them as smoothly as it should and my cpu and gpu usages goes higher than they should. Examples like cs go runs normally 250-300 fps but now it drops sometimes to even 120fps. Apex legends...