Windows 10: Why is windows.old 60gb? Can I delete it?

Discus and support Why is windows.old 60gb? Can I delete it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was clearing files for storage space and I noticed that windows.old is taking up a lot of space so I was wondering can I delete it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Abdelrahman Mousa, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Why is windows.old 60gb? Can I delete it?

I was clearing files for storage space and I noticed that windows.old is taking up a lot of space so I was wondering can I delete it?

:)

Abdelrahman Mousa, Jun 3, 2023

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jun 3, 2023
  3. makwy2 Win User
    Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

Howdy,

So I have a 60gb SSD with Windows 7 and Office on it (all specs are listed <--- under my username). I have a 12gb pagefile and a 9gb hiberfil, is it possible to delete those or make it so that hiberfil at the very least is no longer created? I just want a little free space on there for future use.

Thoughts?

makwy2, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Ruz San Win User

Why is windows.old 60gb? Can I delete it?

Delete old version of windows

Hi Erle,

Some running files or services may be preventing you from deleting the old version of Windows on your computer, or there may be a conflict regarding permissions. We'd like to know some things to get a better picture of the problem and help you resolve it.
    Please answer the following:

• Are you trying to delete the Windows.old folder?
    • What error do you get when deleting the file?
    • Did you find the Previous Windows installation(s) file when you ran Disk Cleanup?
    • How long has it been since you upgraded the computer to Windows 10?

You can try the suggestions shared by SpiritX MS MVP on this
    page
    to permanently delete the folder of your previous operating system.

Let us know if any of the steps work for you.

We'll be glad to offer additional assistance if needed.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Why is windows.old 60gb? Can I delete it?

1. Why is windows.old 60gb? Can I delete it? - Similar Threads - Why old 60gb

2. Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?: Hello,I just installed my friend's old Seagate HDD into my laptop. It has a copy of Windows 10 from his old laptop before he switched to an SSD. I already have a copy of Windows 11 on my NVMe SSD and I plan to use the HDD to store games. Can I delete the old copy of Windows...
  3. Why is windows.old 60gb? Can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is windows.old 60gb? Can I delete it?: I was clearing files for storage space and I noticed that windows.old is taking up a lot of space so I was wondering can I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windowsold-60gb-can-i-delete-it/ecdc1ab2-1b43-43d4-ace1-4c592cbcee6c
  4. Why is windows.old 60gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows.old 60gb: I was clearing files for storage space and I noticed that windows.old is taking up a lot of space so I was wondering can I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windowsold-60gb/ecdc1ab2-1b43-43d4-ace1-4c592cbcee6c
  5. Why is windows.old 60gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is windows.old 60gb: I was clearing files for storage space and I noticed that windows.old is taking up a lot of space so I was wondering can I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windowsold-60gb/ecdc1ab2-1b43-43d4-ace1-4c592cbcee6c
  6. Can I Delete Old Windows Security Stuff?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I Delete Old Windows Security Stuff?: The folder at the end of this path--C:>ProgramData>Microsoft>Microsoft Antimalware>Scans>MetaStore--contains 4 folders named 1, 2, 3, 4. Each of these 4 folders contains a few to a few dozen numbered folders and 1 1-KB file of file type 'IDX File.' Many, maybe most, of the...
  7. Is this normal, why aren't the old versions just deleted (or can I just delete them)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this normal, why aren't the old versions just deleted (or can I just delete them): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/k4utschuk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5y3ra/is_this_normal_why_arent_the_old_versions_just/
  8. why can I not delete old credentials in Control Panel - Credentials Manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why can I not delete old credentials in Control Panel - Credentials Manager?: I am having login issues in an app which does not seem to be remembering my login detail. When I look in Control Panel - Credentials Manager, I see lots of old, out of date credentials. I have tried to delete each one of these using the remove button option, however they keep...
  9. can i delete "windows old files" ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    can i delete "windows old files" ?: i noticed my pc's memory is very depleted. i got rid of some programs i dont use...didnt help. so i ran disk cleanup and it found 28GB of junk, but after an hour, my patience soon ran out and didnt complete said scan. and even though the windows old files are over 8GB, i...
  10. Can Windows (old) folder be deleted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can Windows (old) folder be deleted: Can the "Windows (old)" folder be deleted safely? I only have a 128g ssd for my operating system, and 25gig is being taken up by a folder called Windows (old) I would like to free up some space. 22791