Windows 10: Why is Windows randomly set-up screen then asking for my password?

Discus and support Why is Windows randomly set-up screen then asking for my password? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I booted up my laptop like usual, but, I noticed it was taking a lot of time on the welcome/loading screen. It then went into the screen you would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sansprosii, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Why is Windows randomly set-up screen then asking for my password?

So, I booted up my laptop like usual, but, I noticed it was taking a lot of time on the welcome/loading screen. It then went into the screen you would usually see when setting up Windows for the first time, so I clicked next, and it asked for my Microsoft account password, so I put it in, and im back in. But, im mainly asking just to know why it did this, and how to prevent it.

:)

sansprosii, Nov 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 asks for password completely randomly

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Have you installed all the drivers after upgrading to Windows 10?

If not then, I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and download all the drivers. Also, check if the same issue occurs if you use the password. Please check if there are any pending Windows updates and install them as well.

You may also run the in-built troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all.

• Choose Power.

• Follow the on screen steps.
    Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Nov 9, 2020
  3. password on windows removal

Randomly it asked for a password? Something is fishy.

TheMailMan78, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Nosx Win User

Why is Windows randomly set-up screen then asking for my password?

Windows randomly stops asking for a password when resuming from ssaver

I have had Windows 10 (Build 1809) installed on this system (Desktop) for less than 2 weeks now and on at least two different occasions, Windows failed to bring up the login screen when resuming from the screensaver and instead it just brought me straight to the desktop.

As far as I can tell this happens randomly and the ONLY thing that was the same during both of these events is that the monitor had actually turned off because I set my power settings to turn the screen of after 15 minutes, but I cannot image how this would matter at all.

Obviously this is a HUGE security risk and one I would like to get fixed ASAP so any and all help would be appreciated. Here is a screenshot of my screensaver and power plan settings and another one of my account settings.

Why is Windows randomly set-up screen then asking for my password? [​IMG]

Why is Windows randomly set-up screen then asking for my password? [​IMG]

Nosx, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Why is Windows randomly set-up screen then asking for my password?

1. Why is Windows randomly set-up screen then asking for my password? - Similar Threads - Why randomly set

2. Blue screen asking for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen asking for password: I was using my husband's computer yesterday, and suddenly it didn't respond and popped up a blue screen and restarted continuously. I told my husband about it, he tried to fix it. Then now it's asking for a password and we don't know what password to enter because we don't...
  3. Blue screen asking for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen asking for password: I was using my husband's computer yesterday, and suddenly it didn't respond and popped up a blue screen and restarted continuously. I told my husband about it, he tried to fix it. Then now it's asking for a password and we don't know what password to enter because we don't...
  4. Blue screen asking for password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 asking to reset password on a machine I never set up a password to begin with

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 asking to reset password on a machine I never set up a password to begin with: Hi,I never set up a password on this desktop and now it’s asking me to reset a password for something I never created in this desktop. Someone please help....
  6. Windows 11 asking to reset password on a machine I never set up a password to begin with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 asking to reset password on a machine I never set up a password to begin with: Hi,I never set up a password on this desktop and now it’s asking me to reset a password for something I never created in this desktop. Someone please help....
  7. Why does Windows ask twice for password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows ask twice for password?: For glarification, I mean the power-on password. When I start my computer, this screen shows up, then I type my password and press enter, then it shows the startup screen, then the screen shuts down for a second and then it puts me back on this screen again. How can I get rid...
  8. Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows wake up screen asking to create sign-in password in which i did not set any: I have a windows local account that has no password. I did this by not typing any characters and proceeding to continue. it worked a day ago because I was having a worse case back then turned out I was using a Microsoft account that really require signing in everytime. see my...
  9. A screen popped up asking for my wifi password - was that malware? Is it risky?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A screen popped up asking for my wifi password - was that malware? Is it risky?: I was installing a driver, and the install failed, and then a big screen came up saying to enter my WIFI password, which I did. Now I'm wondering whether that was a risky thing to do. Normally, the only place that asks me for my Wifi password is the little list that pops...
  10. random pop up keeps asking for my passwords in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    random pop up keeps asking for my passwords in windows 10: keep getting this pop up asking for my password really annoying whenever i need to fill in a password online....can you confirm what it is please? [ATTACH]...