Windows 10: Why is Windows reporting "The operating system is not presently configured to run this...

Discus and support Why is Windows reporting "The operating system is not presently configured to run this... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to run MS Word which is installed on the laptop but it now transpires that I can't run any of the installed office 12 suite of applications,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by oneasygeezer, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Why is Windows reporting "The operating system is not presently configured to run this...

I'm trying to run MS Word which is installed on the laptop but it now transpires that I can't run any of the installed office 12 suite of applications, I'm running Win 10 Home ver. 20H2 has the recent OS update necessitated a reinstall of the software or what?

:)

oneasygeezer, Nov 27, 2020

2. The operating system is not presently configured to run this application.

Error message: The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Even after doing all the above steps still my problem is not resolved. Please suggest some solution.

http://www.itsmetutor.com/

ItsmeAbinav, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Why is Windows reporting "The operating system is not presently configured to run this...

The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Hi Mikki,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are getting pop up "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application" while you are opening Microsoft Edge. This might be due to the software conflicts in the system.

Please follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Boot the system in Safe Mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to login to safe mode with networking and check the status of the issue. To enter into Safe Mode in Windows 10, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + Restart button to restart.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Networking.
    If the issue still persists perform a clean boot on the system and check if it helps.

Method 2: Perform a Clean boot on the system.

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note:
    Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Method 3: Windows defender

I would also suggest you to update the Windows defender and run a full scan on the system,

Refer the link for details on How to use Windows Defender.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/using-defender#1TC=windows-10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Why is Windows reporting "The operating system is not presently configured to run this...

1. Why is Windows reporting "The operating system is not presently configured to run this... - Similar Threads - Why reporting operating

2. error the operating system is not presently configurated to run this application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error the operating system is not presently configurated to run this application: I am currently running on my HP pavillion i7-1195g7 the followingWindows 11 home v 10.0.22621+ office pro 2013 v 15.0.5589.1001no antivirus out of Windows are installedI have uninstalled office 365 of previous company profilebrowser installed edge-chrome-firefox-bravewhen i...
  3. error the operating system is not presently configurated to run this application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error the operating system is not presently configurated to run this application: I am currently running on my HP pavillion i7-1195g7 the followingWindows 11 home v 10.0.22621+ office pro 2013 v 15.0.5589.1001no antivirus out of Windows are installedI have uninstalled office 365 of previous company profilebrowser installed edge-chrome-firefox-bravewhen i...
  4. The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The operating system is not presently configured to run this application: I have Just had a problem arise yesterday. When closing Solidworks a "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application" error comes up, and it wont allow the program to close properly without using task manager. Solidworks itself runs fine, issue...
  5. Operating system is not presently configured to run this application is the errror message...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Operating system is not presently configured to run this application is the errror message...: Operating system is not presently configured to run this application is the error message i get when trying to install Icloud for windows - this is a brand new laptop lenova ideapad s340 can you help thanks...
  6. Error: "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application", when...

Error: "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application", when...: As the subject description, I just finished running the windows 10 and get on the desktop, the Error adhered appearing. I have do any operations on the desktop works. so would you please help me to check why the Error coming and how to fix the problem, thank you. By the...
  7. Operating system is not presently configured to... error

Operating system is not presently configured to... error: I tried the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth in the CMD prompt and got the following: Error: 740 Elevated permissions are required to run DISM. Use an elevated command prompt to complete these tasks. I am an administrator on my computer, I'm not sure why I am...
  8. The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application

The Operating System Is Not Presently Configured To Run This Application: I can't open Excel file, I get this error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-operating-system-is-not-presently-configured/207fd419-609d-4963-9640-673b564ee74f
  9. Error message "the operating system is not presently configured to run this application"...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message "the operating system is not presently configured to run this application"...: Computer had a windows update when I closed down last night and after starting up today I'm getting this error message "the operating system is not presently configured to run this application" when I try to start MS Office applications. I can see that there have been other...
  10. "The operating system is not presently configured to run this app"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The operating system is not presently configured to run this app": Since the 14332 Update I occasionally see an "error" dialog open on my desktop stating "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application". I call on the fellow members to see if they have ever seen this one before. It is absolutely a new one on me. As...