Windows 10: Why is Windows so bad

Discus and support Why is Windows so bad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, I am a Windows user since Windows 98, hell I even had 2 Windows Phones. But since yesterday after I reinstalled Windows 10 and I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Badhusband1902, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Why is Windows so bad

Dear Microsoft,

I am a Windows user since Windows 98, hell I even had 2 Windows Phones. But since yesterday after I reinstalled Windows 10 and I am still facing the exact same issues, I am ready to say good bye to it.

Windows 10 is an operating system that fails to do the most basic things.

It just won't sleep, it auto wakes instantly, even though I tried 10 or more solutions on the web including tweaking Device manager, powercfg, task scheduler, advanced power options, Registry, everything, but it still won't sleep. And because you are forcing manufactures to stop using S3 sleep state and use "Modern sleep" instead, Dell just dropped S3 sleep in the latest BIOS update.

Mobile hotspot auto turns it off all the time, even though I made sure it has the latest driver and none of the devices can be "shutdown to save power". It is an intel 9260 and it works perfectly on Ubuntu.

It still auto restarts when there's an update, and force people to update, the delay is a joke, and wtf is wrong with disabling auto restart at all? Why tf put a 18 hour restriction on the time it is disabled?

Cortana is still stupidly annoying every time you set up a system, have you seen this video yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp2rhM8YUZY

It still sell ads, show "occasional suggestions", pre-install a bunch of games which paid you, even though I already spent so much money on the os itself.

Uninstalling Onedrive will still leave the onedrive folder on the left of explorer, and clicking on it gives an error, and btw I can't remove it unless I mess with registry.

If you are ready to offer solutions to these problems, I'm ready to stop you. Maybe eventually I will find out all the solutions to these problems, but from a customer's stand point, I just want a system that is ready to work when it arrives. I don't want to waste all these time messing with stupid workarounds or fixing broken default settings, and there are just so many problems that I get tired of fixing them while I didn't do anything wrong.

It's funny to me that me as a software engineer, who is supposedly willing to mess with settings and command line hacks, finally get tired of Windows. It's also funny that all these computer manufactures devoted their entire time onto making sure these systems fit well with Windows, and still things work so badly. It's the most funny when everyone has to endure it, because there are no other options for average users, and you still want so much ad money and so eagerly grinding user data while already being the biggest monopoly.

I decided to buy a Mac, not because it's great, just that using Windows 10 is worse, Windows 8 is a Frankenstein and Windows 7 is too old, and I need some software not available for Linux.

I'm not begging you to change, but these are something to think about, if they make sense.

:)

Badhusband1902, Aug 13, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 13, 2018
  4. hellrazor Win User

Why is Windows so bad

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Why is Windows so bad

1. Why is Windows so bad - Similar Threads - Why bad

2. Why are Windows's native Copy and Move utilities so BAD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are Windows's native Copy and Move utilities so BAD?: Even up to Windows 10, why are the Windows Copy and Move utilities so bad? They spend more time sitting and thinking than anything else. If you try to copy a folder to a similar folder, first it thinks for a while, then it says that you have n number of duplicate files, so...
  3. Why are Windows's native Copy and Move utilities so BAD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are Windows's native Copy and Move utilities so BAD?: Even up to Windows 10, why are the Windows Copy and Move utilities so bad? They spend more time sitting and thinking than anything else. If you try to copy a folder to a similar folder, first it thinks for a while, then it says that you have n number of duplicate files, so...
  4. Why are Windows's native Copy and Move utilities so BAD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. why dosec windows suck so bad/?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why dosec windows suck so bad/?: woke woke wokwke https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dosec-windows-suck-so-bad/2aca3c6c-b0be-4cb1-8bc7-1a1f3fa855c1
  6. why dosec windows suck so bad/?

why dosec windows suck so bad/?: woke woke wokwke https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dosec-windows-suck-so-bad/2aca3c6c-b0be-4cb1-8bc7-1a1f3fa855c1
  7. why dosec windows suck so bad/?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?: Why is wifi only bad for me laptop?it's an acer nitro 5 an517-55 with an intel core i7 12650H, rtx 4050 Killer WiFi 6E, i bought this not too long ago and it's wifi performance compared to other devices is horrible, i use windows 11 as it came with it, it's been like this for...
  9. Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?

Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?: Why is wifi only bad for me laptop?it's an acer nitro 5 an517-55 with an intel core i7 12650H, rtx 4050 Killer WiFi 6E, i bought this not too long ago and it's wifi performance compared to other devices is horrible, i use windows 11 as it came with it, it's been like this for...
  10. Why does my output audio on my laptop get so bad when I use Discord?

Why does my output audio on my laptop get so bad when I use Discord?: When I use the discord application and join a voice call, the audio on my entire computer gets so bad and muffled. The only thing I can hear is the Discord audio. I've tried fixing the output and input settings that everything online says, like noise suppression and automatic...