Windows 10: Why is Windows so stupid with USB3?

Discus and support Why is Windows so stupid with USB3? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'll preface this by saying that it is not a standard Windows gripe. I'm pretty happy with Windows for the most part. Something that is driving me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gurn Blanston, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Why is Windows so stupid with USB3?

I'll preface this by saying that it is not a standard Windows gripe. I'm pretty happy with Windows for the most part.

Something that is driving me crazy though is the fact that Windows 10 (and 7) keep shutting off my USB3 ports while they are in use. That is to say, during a data transfer Windows will power down the USB3 port, causing my backup to fail. (I use an external drive over USB3 to backup)

What causes this behaviour? I am completely mystified.

I went so far as to go into the USB3 properties and made sure they were set like this:

Why is Windows so stupid with USB3? [​IMG]

However, every time there is a Windows update, it resets itself to "Turn off to save power."

How do I make the setting stick? And how do I get Windows not to shut off the USB3 port even when this setting is not enabled?

I would really appreciate some ideas at this point.

Thank you.

:)

Gurn Blanston, Apr 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 continually mounting and unmounting USB3 connected external Hard Drive and USB3 Memory stick.

Hi Delboy,

We would like to know if this problem only happens with your USB3 hard drives and USB3 port?

Let us help you isolate this issue. Since you mentioned above that the problem occurs after the last update, we suggest that you perform these steps and see if it helps:

Uninstall Windows update.

We don’t usually recommend that you remove any installed updates. However, if you must remove an update, you can do so from the update history.
    Here's how:

• Select Start button and select Settings.
    • Click on Update & Security.
    • Click on Windows Update.
    • Select Advanced options and click on
      View your update history
    • Click on Uninstall updates.

We will be waiting for your response.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 27, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Why is Windows so stupid with USB3?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Why is Windows so stupid with USB3?

1. Why is Windows so stupid with USB3? - Similar Threads - Why stupid USB3

2. Why is Microsoft so STUPID with its Windows 11 Bitlocker implementation that destroys a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft so STUPID with its Windows 11 Bitlocker implementation that destroys a...: Stupid Microsoft implementation of Bitlocker on Windiws 11. Who is interested in joining me in a class action lawsuit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-so-stupid-with-its-windows-11/269adbc9-8831-4389-9f99-6fb39846ea15
  3. Why is Microsoft so STUPID with its Windows 11 Bitlocker implementation that destroys a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft so STUPID with its Windows 11 Bitlocker implementation that destroys a...: Stupid Microsoft implementation of Bitlocker on Windiws 11. Who is interested in joining me in a class action lawsuit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-so-stupid-with-its-windows-11/269adbc9-8831-4389-9f99-6fb39846ea15
  4. Why are updates in the Microsoft Store so stupid?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are updates in the Microsoft Store so stupid?: Just trying to update an app and it says “Pending” and occasionally another app also wants to update. Nothing is actually downloading and it has been several minutes. Is something wrong? Why doesn’t it tell me anything about what is going on? submitted by /u/TbonerT...
  5. Windows 10 is so stupid! again

Windows 10 is so stupid! again: i had this proplem that the window 10 it is kust too slow to open settings and so slow to open update (if there is) i have updated it last time and it worked just fine but now it start acting stupid so slow to open setting and can't finish dowloanding and can't open some...
  6. why microsoft's support are so stupid?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why microsoft's support are so stupid?: they just locked the post if they cannot support it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsofts-support-are-so-stupid/db944f21-fb97-4e44-94f3-b102a70711a9
  7. Why is Win10 search so stupid?

Why is Win10 search so stupid?: I download a lot of things. I'd like to open the folder after downloading it. I'd like to type Downloads in the search window and press enter to open it, but it always goes to file explorer! https://imgur.com/a/twvahGo From what I can see it looks like its because I have a...
  8. Why is Windows so stupid with USB3?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is Windows so stupid with USB3?: I'll preface this by saying that it is not a standard Windows gripe. I'm pretty happy with Windows for the most part. Something that is driving me crazy though is the fact that Windows 10 (and 7) keep shutting off my USB3 ports while they are in use. That is to say, during a...
  9. Why is it so hard to set up parental controls on this stupid thing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is it so hard to set up parental controls on this stupid thing?: Why cant I just CHOOSE to block certain content on this brand new windows 10 laptop? Why do I have to open accounts and place my child's info out in space to block bad things from showing up? Also, some stuff suggested that there was a FEE for doing this. What? are you...
  10. USB2 and USB3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB2 and USB3: Win 10 seems to sort problems its own way. On Win 7, there's no trouble about plugging in USB 2 devices. But when I plug in my camera [PRAKTICA Z250 - not a Smithsonian exhibit] on the Win 10 pc the pics don't download with an on-screen choice, no matter how I set up the...