Windows 10: Why is Windows so stupid with USB3?

Discus and support Why is Windows so stupid with USB3? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'll preface this by saying that it is not a standard Windows gripe. I'm pretty happy with Windows for the most part. Something that is driving me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gurn Blanston, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Why is Windows so stupid with USB3?

I'll preface this by saying that it is not a standard Windows gripe. I'm pretty happy with Windows for the most part.

Something that is driving me crazy though is the fact that Windows 10 (and 7) keep shutting off my USB3 ports while they are in use. That is to say, during a data transfer Windows will power down the USB3 port, causing my backup to fail. (I use an external drive over USB3 to backup)

What causes this behaviour? I am completely mystified.

I went so far as to go into the USB3 properties and made sure they were set like this:

Why is Windows so stupid with USB3? [​IMG]

However, every time there is a Windows update, it resets itself to "Turn off to save power."

How do I make the setting stick? And how do I get Windows not to shut off the USB3 port even when this setting is not enabled?

I would really appreciate some ideas at this point.

Thank you.

:)

Gurn Blanston, Apr 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 continually mounting and unmounting USB3 connected external Hard Drive and USB3 Memory stick.

Hi Delboy,

We would like to know if this problem only happens with your USB3 hard drives and USB3 port?

Let us help you isolate this issue. Since you mentioned above that the problem occurs after the last update, we suggest that you perform these steps and see if it helps:

Uninstall Windows update.

We don’t usually recommend that you remove any installed updates. However, if you must remove an update, you can do so from the update history.
    Here's how:

• Select Start button and select Settings.
    • Click on Update & Security.
    • Click on Windows Update.
    • Select Advanced options and click on
      View your update history
    • Click on Uninstall updates.

We will be waiting for your response.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 27, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Why is Windows so stupid with USB3?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Why is Windows so stupid with USB3?

1. Why is Windows so stupid with USB3? - Similar Threads - Why stupid USB3

2. Why is Windows so stupid with USB3?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is Windows so stupid with USB3?: I'll preface this by saying that it is not a standard Windows gripe. I'm pretty happy with Windows for the most part. Something that is driving me crazy though is the fact that Windows 10 (and 7) keep shutting off my USB3 ports while they are in use. That is to say, during a...
  3. stupid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    stupid: Hello my name is wendy I have been dating one of those narcissistic crazies well he bought me a computer for Christmas and he has him down for administrator and put a password on it. How do I take that off and secure my computer...
  4. stupid

stupid: Hello my name is wendy I have been dating one of those narcissistic crazies well he bought me a computer for Christmas and he has him down for administrator and put a password on it. How do I take that off and secure my computer...
  5. Why is it so hard to set up parental controls on this stupid thing?

Why is it so hard to set up parental controls on this stupid thing?: Why cant I just CHOOSE to block certain content on this brand new windows 10 laptop? Why do I have to open accounts and place my child's info out in space to block bad things from showing up? Also, some stuff suggested that there was a FEE for doing this. What? are you...
  6. Why is windows 10 so bad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is windows 10 so bad?: Windows 10 breaks easily with Microsoft's god damn updates. Sometimes it doesn't work correctly at all. Back in june I couldn't launch Overwatch and that went on until august when I installed Linux and low and behold using wine it started to work. Currently I am back on...
  7. why is windows 10 so crap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is windows 10 so crap: I am absolutely fed up with having to correct all the problems caused by windows 10 "updates". programmes that wont run, constantly dropping my wifi connection which I can only rectify by rebooting the router (which goes down really well with other 3 users who ae fortunate...
  8. Why is Windows so terrible?

Why is Windows so terrible?: Why has windows gotten worse and worse? why has windows gotten so restrictive with customization? Why has Windows followed Apple down the rabbit hole of self-destruction? Has windows forgotten that PC users like to have freedoms, customization capabilities, and don't like...
  9. Why is Windows so bad

Why is Windows so bad: Dear Microsoft, I am a Windows user since Windows 98, hell I even had 2 Windows Phones. But since yesterday after I reinstalled Windows 10 and I am still facing the exact same issues, I am ready to say good bye to it. Windows 10 is an operating system that fails to do...
  10. why so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why so slow?: i have a brand new computer with windows 10 installed and it took over 12 hours to download a 100MB file, plus it cannot stream. Its like I'm on a dial up connection, except at adsl2 prices. Its incredibly frustrating and clearly the reason why apple always comes out on top....