Windows 10: Why is windows taking up so much ram?

Discus and support Why is windows taking up so much ram? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] windows taking up way to much ram, like half of it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Monv44, Feb 11, 2020.

1. /u/Monv44 Win User

Why is windows taking up so much ram?

/u/Monv44, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 11, 2020
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Why is windows taking up so much ram? :D

DrunkenMafia, Feb 11, 2020
  4. SASA1024 Win User

Windows explorer taking almost all RAM

This worked temporary for me. After a system restart, it was taking lots of RAM like before.

Had to do the steps again

I had the same problem on Windows 10 with 8GB RAM, and restarting Explorer didn't work for me. The following may work:

• Open Task Manager
    • On the Details tab, find explorer.exe
    • Right-click on it and choose End process tree
    • Confirm End process tree

Some windows might close; the task bar also disappears.

• Now in Task Manager's File menu, click on Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe in the bar. Click OK.

SASA1024, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Why is windows taking up so much ram? - Similar Threads - Why taking much

2. Why are random apps taking up so much resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are random apps taking up so much resources: For the past week I have been having issue with my windows where random apps that normally don't take much resources suddenly start using resources for the next 30 seconds or so. Then go back to there usual state. For example, in the picture below you can see a processes...
  3. Why are random apps taking up so much resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are random apps taking up so much resources: For the past week I have been having issue with my windows where random apps that normally don't take much resources suddenly start using resources for the next 30 seconds or so. Then go back to there usual state. For example, in the picture below you can see a processes...
  4. What and why is this file taking up so much space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What and why is this file taking up so much space?: So i was going through my laptop HP Pavilion to clean up junk storage i didn't need to speed up my computer. I was going through files when i noticed this file named RECOVERY D: located in devices and drives tab. It was also taking up 14 GB of HDD space with which is weird...
  5. What and why is this file taking up so much space?

What and why is this file taking up so much space?: So i was going through my laptop HP Pavilion to clean up junk storage i didn't need to speed up my computer. I was going through files when i noticed this file named RECOVERY D: located in devices and drives tab. It was also taking up 14 GB of HDD space with which is weird...
  6. What and why is this file taking up so much space?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why is my computer taking up so much ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer taking up so much ram?: Lately, my computer has been so slow and the apps I regularly use are somewhat crashing every time I use them, I don't think it's from a virus because I've ran an anti-virus check and it says there aren't any viruses around, I've tried ending tasks on other apps and disabling...
  8. Why is my computer taking up so much ram?

Why is my computer taking up so much ram?: Lately, my computer has been so slow and the apps I regularly use are somewhat crashing every time I use them, I don't think it's from a virus because I've ran an anti-virus check and it says there aren't any viruses around, I've tried ending tasks on other apps and disabling...
  9. Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM?: Hi, My Windows 10 has been different today, unlike before. I used to have around 6GB+ total RAM on my computer. After Windows Update, the available ram was cut half at a low 3.42GB total. CPU-Z detected my memory correctly, but Windows and Control Panel didn't. I have 8GB of...
  10. Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM?: Hi, My Windows 10 has been different today, unlike before. I used to have around 6GB+ total RAM on my computer. After Windows Update, the available ram was cut half at a low 3.42GB total. CPU-Z detected my memory correctly, but Windows and Control Panel didn't. I have 8GB of...