Windows 10: Why is Windows Update asking for a restart when the update is clearly installed?

Discus and support Why is Windows Update asking for a restart when the update is clearly installed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I notice that Windows Update is asking for a restart as shown below. [ATTACH] However, that notification remains even after restarting several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gjones19, Dec 31, 2018.

1. gjones19 Win User

Why is Windows Update asking for a restart when the update is clearly installed?

I notice that Windows Update is asking for a restart as shown below.

Why is Windows Update asking for a restart when the update is clearly installed? 2752c786-4b8c-4796-9dcb-c80ae00e1beb?upload=true.jpg

However, that notification remains even after restarting several times.

As can be seen from the image below, the specific update is installed.

Why is Windows Update asking for a restart when the update is clearly installed? b816a5dd-bfab-4eb5-a5a9-269f79aceeee?upload=true.jpg

What is wrong? How do I fix it?

:)

gjones19, Dec 31, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 10, 2020
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Why is Windows Update asking for a restart when the update is clearly installed?

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

1. Why is Windows Update asking for a restart when the update is clearly installed? - Similar Threads - Why Update asking

2. Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart: I have an issue with some PCs which have MECM client and it's manage the updatesthey keeps asking for restart after install windows update but after restart the update were not installed and asking for restart again over and over without any succeed with install the updateI...
  3. Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart: I have an issue with some PCs which have MECM client and it's manage the updatesthey keeps asking for restart after install windows update but after restart the update were not installed and asking for restart again over and over without any succeed with install the updateI...
  4. Windows update not installed and keeps asked for restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows updates keep on asking for restart but dont install updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows updates keep on asking for restart but dont install updates.: windows updates keep on asking for restart but don't install updates.sent screenshots;- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-keep-on-asking-for-restart-but/a0d42b67-2cf9-4216-b9a6-738f50c4df0d
  6. windows updates keep on asking for restart but dont install updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows updates keep on asking for restart but dont install updates.: windows updates keep on asking for restart but don't install updates.sent screenshots;- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-keep-on-asking-for-restart-but/a0d42b67-2cf9-4216-b9a6-738f50c4df0d
  7. Windows 10 update asking for restart and never installs.

Windows 10 update asking for restart and never installs.: Windows 10 updates says it is installing 2021-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems KB5005033But it asks for pending restart and i have restarted numerous times and it never installs. In the install history it shows nothing installed at all....
  8. Display error in the shutdown and restart icons when there is an update that asks to restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display error in the shutdown and restart icons when there is an update that asks to restart.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kurokomon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dx1gwo/display_error_in_the_shutdown_and_restart_icons/
  9. Keep restarted when installing updates.

Keep restarted when installing updates.: When I trying to shutdown my computer, I saw "Update and restart". When updates is installed, my computer goes into a restart. But this restart doesn't stop, when I tried to boot with a Windows 10 Installation USB, it appears a dialog said that My Computer is started an...
  10. Why restarted need to install updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why restarted need to install updates: Three updates were installed over two days. There was no indication that any updates were installed. I power down my computer every night. Today, while checking for updates, I found that I had these updates installed and there was an indication that a restart was needed. 1....