Windows 10: Why is Windows Update running so slow

Discus and support Why is Windows Update running so slow in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I started installing the latest Window update on my Lenovo computer an two hours ago and it is only 27% through and seems to be stuck on 27%. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianQuass, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Why is Windows Update running so slow

I started installing the latest Window update on my Lenovo computer an two hours ago and it is only 27% through and seems to be stuck on 27%.

I have had lengthy installs before but nothing this slow.

Why is this happening? I just doubled my download speed with my provider, so that's not the problem.

:)

BrianQuass, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 24, 2019
  3. windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Why is Windows Update running so slow

AMD phenom 995BE 3.6GHZ running extremely slow

A lot of things can cause a slow startup, most common would be drivers. It will take a *long* time for us to go through all the options, so i'll just list the steps i do for a fresh windows install that is problem free, you can let us know if you missed any of it.

1. Format the drive - clean windows install from DVD
    2. install all drivers you can from windows update first, except video card. Make sure to install and update .Net, as modern video card drivers require that.
    3. install any missing drivers (check device manager), including video card manually, with downloads from their respective websites. never install from the motherboard DVD/website unless you have to.

Mussels, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Why is Windows Update running so slow

1. Why is Windows Update running so slow - Similar Threads - Why Update running

2. why me windows 7 computer runs so slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why me windows 7 computer runs so slow: so i try to make me computer faster but i wont work i want to play a game lags so hard and when i try to run roblox it just dont load And i tried alot of thing but it wont work even i have only 12gb left if i have only browser and steam theres some update things and they are...
  3. why me windows 7 computer runs so slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why me windows 7 computer runs so slow: so i try to make me computer faster but i wont work i want to play a game lags so hard and when i try to run roblox it just dont load And i tried alot of thing but it wont work even i have only 12gb left if i have only browser and steam theres some update things and they are...
  4. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  5. why is it so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is it so slow: COPY SPEED IS 355KB/S, AND IT'LL TAKE MORE THAN 1 FREAKING DAY TO COPY I'm using an microSD to SD adapter, really cheap also it takesSO FREAKING LONG to cancel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-so-slow/292018ca-218f-4cd6-8fbf-e369a890819c
  6. Why is my windows 10 laptop run so slow?

Why is my windows 10 laptop run so slow?: Why is my windows 10 laptop so slowly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-windows-10-laptop-run-so-slow/134234a0-7089-44e7-ad5f-c4beaa2a9612
  7. Why is my Windows 10 PC running so slow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Windows 10 PC running so slow?: So, basically I’ve had this computer for about 2 years now and whenever I’ve tried to play pc games on steam such as CSGO, War thunder and Crossout. It’s been so slow. Even on the lowest graphic settings, all I can get is a measly 30 FPS. Mind you, it uses a newer-line Dell...
  8. Why so slow???

Why so slow???: I just got this PC and it's very slow. I scroll, it lags, I click, it lags. Even when I press the settings, it lags. My internet connection isn't the problem (My other PC that is very old, works much better) If anybody could, please help. And I can't play games nor scroll...
  9. After update it runs so so so slow

After update it runs so so so slow: Hi there, I have this laptop for 4 years now. It is an ACER Aspire E15 and I can just write what it is written on it as I do not really understand ”computers” :)) IntelCore i5-5200U Intel HD Graphics 5500 6 GB DDR3 L Memory 1000GB HDD When I bought it I just googled...
  10. why so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why so slow?: i have a brand new computer with windows 10 installed and it took over 12 hours to download a 100MB file, plus it cannot stream. Its like I'm on a dial up connection, except at adsl2 prices. Its incredibly frustrating and clearly the reason why apple always comes out on top....