Windows 10: Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers

Discus and support Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Try to update to latest preview build This is my Speccy http://speccy.piriform.com/results/f...Qi6knSMHGaVIez Bluetooth is same as installed Realtek... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jmsnyc, May 30, 2018.

1. jmsnyc Win User

Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers

jmsnyc, May 30, 2018

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade: I get "The specified account already exists" when trying to uninstall an old driver after upgrading to windows 10

Hi Nizar,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to Roll Back the driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the driver from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click on Roll back.
    Once the steps are performed, restart the computer and update the drivers. Check if the issue persists.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers

1. Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers - Similar Threads - Why Update trying

2. Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows Update Keeps Installing Old Version Of Intel UHD Drivers: I have a Windows 11 Operating System and I have installed Intel Driver And Support Assistant and I have updated to the latest version of Intel UHD graphics i.e 31.0.101.3413 but every time I check for updates in Settings it shows that update of Intel UHD Drivers are available...
  3. Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?: I noticed that windows update keeps trying to install this driver "NVIDIA - Display - 26.21.14.3200 (2)" which seems to be dated around October 2019 or December 2019. Does anyone know why windows does this and how to stop it? I do actually have some vsync issues where vsync...
  4. Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update including drivers even with gpedit configured not to. Tries to install old...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DZMBA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jroj3w/windows_update_including_drivers_even_with_gpedit/
  5. Windows Update trying to install five year old GPU driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update trying to install five year old GPU driver: So, as my subject says, I have been having a major issue with Windows Update constantly trying to install an ancient driver for my GPU. I have a driver installed that is as current as I could get, which is at most a month or two old, but every time Windows Update checks for...
  6. Windows Update trying to install drivers for old hardware that was removed from computer

Windows Update trying to install drivers for old hardware that was removed from computer: I simply don't understand why this happens, I replaced an RX580 with an RTX 2060, all good, uninstalled the AMD drivers of the RX580 and installed the new nVidia ones, still after 2 days I found out not 1 but 2 drivers downloaded by windows update for the AMD RX580???. I...
  7. Why is windows trying to install drivers for a device that is not installed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is windows trying to install drivers for a device that is not installed?: [ATTACH] So I have been having issues with installing latest update, I refuse to fully reinstall unless there is no other way out. I have read on another thread that removing old intel drivers might be the culprit. Following that advice I force removed drivers for all intel...
  8. Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers

Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers: Hi I recently upgraded from a AMD gpu to a Nvidia gpu. I used the AMD clean up utility tool to remove all AMD software before I installed my Nvidia drivers. The new gpu is working fine. However, Windows keeps trying to install old AMD drivers through the Windows Update...
  9. Windows Update Force install the old driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Force install the old driver: well, first, i start with windows update in position auto update, then my driver vga auto update for amd, but, not update for newest driver but return to install the old driver, from amd 18.7.1 back to 17.7, anyone can give me solution? sorry for my bad english....
  10. Why is Windows Update itrying to install old drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is Windows Update itrying to install old drivers: Try to update to latest preview build This is my Speccy http://speccy.piriform.com/results/f...Qi6knSMHGaVIez Bluetooth is same as installed Realtek Audio and Intel Video seem older 111298

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update installs old drivers even though newer drivers already installed

2. windows 10 is trying to install old updates