Windows 10: Why is x box using that much CPU? Why is explorer using 50%?

Discus and support Why is x box using that much CPU? Why is explorer using 50%? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been sitting here for hours trying to do my school work but my typical day is 6 hours of fighting with Microsoft and two hours of work. I have no idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Christoph Yorkshire, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Why is x box using that much CPU? Why is explorer using 50%?

Been sitting here for hours trying to do my school work but my typical day is 6 hours of fighting with Microsoft and two hours of work. I have no idea at all how any one can say this OS works, it does not. No one can prove it to me. It does not work. My PC is being a turtle, not working at all, not doing anything, the elements when I click on dont do anything and I open task manager and this is what I see

Why is x box using that much CPU? Why is explorer using 50%? [​IMG]

Why is x box using that much CPU? Why is explorer using 50%? This operating system doe snot work at all and reinstalling windows is not the fix. Fixing this broken OS is the fix but how will that ever happen when there is one man against an entire community of people who tell me I am wrong and it does work. I can prove that windows is badly designed and no one can prove that it works. They do not listen to any feedbacks, that is a lie and anyone who believes that is a fool. They do not care and they do this on purpose.

One more time, windows 10 does not work.

:)

Christoph Yorkshire, Jul 26, 2019
  2. barence Win User

Problem: Explorer 50% cpu usage

Every day, at intermittent times unrelated to anything I do [it happens when I'm doing nothing], Explorer starts running with each core at about 50% cpu usage, and does not stop. Temperatures and fan speeds rise, fans become very noisy.

Speedfan indicates core temps rise to ~ 70 degrees C, "Temp1" rises to 75 - 80 degrees, fan 1 speed ~ 4000rpm,
    fan 2 speed ~ 2500 rpm.

I have just installed Windows 10 so it seems it could not be caused by a virus/malware.

In windows 7 forums some users found the problem was caused by a corrupted file:

Explorer.exe 50% CPU usage - Windows 7 Help Forums

Since my problem is intermittent is it unlikely to be caused by a corrupted file?

I can't use the solution suggested in the W7 forums because when I kill explorer I lose my desktop.

I ran diskcheck on both my hard drives and it reported no errors found.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Can someone please explain why a corrupted file would cause explorer to run at 50% cpu usage?

barence, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 1, 2019
  4. armycyrus Win User

Why is x box using that much CPU? Why is explorer using 50%?

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage.

Original title: An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not using iTunes. Apple says iI should ask Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys.

An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not logged on to iTunes, nor is my iPod connected to my PC when this .exe runs with 50% usage. Apple suggested I contact Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys. Apple suggested
    contacting Microsoft.

armycyrus, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Why is x box using that much CPU? Why is explorer using 50%?

1. Why is x box using that much CPU? Why is explorer using 50%? - Similar Threads - Why box using

2. Why Are Service Routines Using Some Much CPU Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Are Service Routines Using Some Much CPU Power: Windows 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3803The below is from Task Manager running by itself:What could account for such high usage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-service-routines-using-some-much-cpu-power/6026b7ed-06c0-4772-8e1d-3e55dc0c309f
  3. Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?: Why is the PhotoService.exe running and using a high level of CPU? Can I disable or delete it? Why is it necessary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-photoserviceexe-using-so-much-cpu/e2095fa8-d8c4-41b1-8080-45b0edba767a
  4. Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?: Why is the PhotoService.exe running and using a high level of CPU? Can I disable or delete it? Why is it necessary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-photoserviceexe-using-so-much-cpu/e2095fa8-d8c4-41b1-8080-45b0edba767a
  5. Why is Nvidia Container using so much of my CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Nvidia Container using so much of my CPU: Nvidia Container is using a lot of my CPU and I don't know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-nvidia-container-using-so-much-of-my-cpu/0a8d7924-7043-4f5b-a5e4-6de2a5ef3a5b
  6. Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU: On the latest update of windows 10, windows explorer is using upwards of 50% of my cpu consistently. Deleting temp files did nothing.I have no clue what is going on, so any help is appreciated.System Specs:i7-479016gb ram1tb hddnvidia quadro k2000 2gbchassis is an optiplex...
  7. Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU: On the latest update of windows 10, windows explorer is using upwards of 50% of my cpu consistently. Deleting temp files did nothing.I have no clue what is going on, so any help is appreciated.System Specs:i7-479016gb ram1tb hddnvidia quadro k2000 2gbchassis is an optiplex...
  8. Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Why is CompatTelRunner.exe always using so much CPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is CompatTelRunner.exe always using so much CPU?: In the task manager the description is "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry." We recently switched to Microsoft Teams, and it's making the audio skip. It's hard to understand people. I miss using Skype. submitted by /u/she-neek-a [link] [comments]...
  10. Why is everything using so much cpu usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is everything using so much cpu usage?: So I've had win10 since release, and nothing ever even took more than like 5% cpu, and today spotify is using 30%, firefox is jumping around 15 to 30%, my games are taking around 40%. I havent seen any new windows updates, was anything changed to cause this or what could...