Windows 10: Why is zip file not unzipping?

Discus and support Why is zip file not unzipping? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So when i try to extract a zip file it does not extract. does anyone have a solution to this?below is the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aarav Krishan Chugh, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Why is zip file not unzipping?

So when i try to extract a zip file it does not extract. does anyone have a solution to this?below is the error

:)

Aarav Krishan Chugh, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jun 30, 2022
  3. Unable to unzip pictures to windows photo viewer

Hi Carol,

you might face such issues if the file is zipped.

I suggest you to unzip the file and check.

To do so follow the steps below.

Open File Explorer and find the zipped folder.
    • To unzip the entire folder, right-click (or press and hold) it, select
      Extract All,
      then follow the instructions.
    • To unzip a single file or folder, double-click the zipped folder to open it. Then, drag or copy the item from the zipped folder to a new location.

Reply us with the status of the issue in regards with Windows Photo Viewer. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Why is zip file not unzipping?

How to Zip and Unzip with Windows 10?

I was unable to unzip a ".zip" file. I got stuck on step #2 -- upon double-clicking on the".zip" file, I get an error message saying "Application not found", and thus I never even reach steps 3 or 4.

So, my main question is: Does that mean that unzipping requires some software that doesn't automatically come with Windows 10? In other words, do I need to explicitly need to find, download, and install some external software -- on order to unzip a ".zip"
    file?

I'd greatly appreciate a reply. Thanks.

Dan.

DanielStuntz, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Why is zip file not unzipping?

1. Why is zip file not unzipping? - Similar Threads - Why zip file

2. Why is zip file not unzipping?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is zip file not unzipping?: So when i try to extract a zip file it does not extract. does anyone have a solution to this?below is the error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-zip-file-not-unzipping/295391cd-b6af-4f7c-b051-9cf23af42731
  3. Why is zip file not unzipping?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is zip file not unzipping?: So when i try to extract a zip file it does not extract. does anyone have a solution to this?below is the error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-zip-file-not-unzipping/295391cd-b6af-4f7c-b051-9cf23af42731
  4. zip/unzip software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    zip/unzip software: Could somebody make a recommendation on Zip/Unzip software more advanced than the Zip/Unzip program that comes with Windows 10?I am open to both free and paid software. I am interested in being able to zip not just files, but also nested folders.Thanks in advance...
  5. zip/unzip software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zip/unzip software: Could somebody make a recommendation on Zip/Unzip software more advanced than the Zip/Unzip program that comes with Windows 10?I am open to both free and paid software. I am interested in being able to zip not just files, but also nested folders.Thanks in advance...
  6. zip/unzip software

7. Zip and unzip files

Zip and unzip files: Hi , the compressed zip files in my compressed folder in drive c just got deleted for no reason , i went out of the room , came back , maximized the folder , saw that everything just vanished , please help ...!...
  8. Zip and unzip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zip and unzip files: Hi , the compressed zip files in my compressed folder in drive c just got deleted for no reason , i went out of the room , came back , maximized the folder , saw that everything just vanished , please help ...!...
  9. Zip and unzip files

10. How to Unzip a zipped file?

How to Unzip a zipped file?: I downloaded one file that helps me open landscapes from Google Earth to Blender. But for some reason I can only unzip it using WinZip and I don't have a membership. I have looked up all sorts of tutorials but none seemed to help, I have also tried unzipping the file in File...