Windows 10: Why isn’t Edge deleting browsing sync data?

Discus and support Why isn’t Edge deleting browsing sync data? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Im trying to delete browsing sync data in Edge from Microsoft, so I go to edge://settings/profiles/sync and click Reset Sync at the bottom. (all this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by antonio3535, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Why isn’t Edge deleting browsing sync data?

Im trying to delete browsing sync data in Edge from Microsoft, so I go to edge://settings/profiles/sync and click Reset Sync at the bottom. (all this as per article
    Reset Microsoft Edge data | Microsoft Docs).

..it doesnt work, I can still see my history and searches in
    https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/activity-history as shown on these screenshots.

I made sure to:
    -Turn off sync on other syncing devices
    -Enable reset sync at edge://flags

I wonder why this isnt working?

Any help much welcome *Smile

Why isn’t Edge deleting browsing sync data? [​IMG]

Why isn’t Edge deleting browsing sync data? [​IMG]

Windows 10 1909

:)

antonio3535, Feb 10, 2021

2. How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

Hello

CCLeaner cannot yet clean the cache of Microsoft Edge. You can clean your browsing data by following these steps.

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear
    If you don;'t understand exactly what I mean
    then see this post
    for a detailed step by step instruction with images.

Hope it helps you!

Yuri

Yuri Pustjens, Feb 10, 2021
  3. zapd Win User
    How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

This does not work. I get this "Some data couldn't be cleared. Please try again." Windows 10 Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.218)

4. Vonnjy Win User

Why isn’t Edge deleting browsing sync data?

How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

One step missing:

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • **Settings
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear

Vonnjy, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Why isn’t Edge deleting browsing sync data?

1. Why isn’t Edge deleting browsing sync data? - Similar Threads - Why isn’t Edge

2. Why isn’t the theme setting for sync showing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why isn’t the theme setting for sync showing?: Just like the title says, I’m not getting a option to turn on syncing for theme submitted by /u/DueOscar1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/weaj6m/why_isnt_the_theme_setting_for_sync_showing/
  3. browsing data cookies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    browsing data cookies: can i clear browsing data and cache and cookies from specific sites only?I use a movie site connected to my county library and the audio quality is bad on certain films. can't hear it. They advised me to clear cache etc but what does that have to do with audio....
  4. Edge didn't synced old data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge didn't synced old data: Hi, I reinstall my windows 10 but when I install edge and login with my account it didn't sync my old data all my bookmarks are gone, anyone know how can I fix that? submitted by /u/S_kanwarjeet [link] [comments]...
  5. How to clear browsing data of Edge Legacy using Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear browsing data of Edge Legacy using Edge Chromium: [ATTACH]The latest Chromium-based Microsoft Edge web browser has replaced your classic legacy Edge browser. The new Edge Chromium brings you the option to clear the […] This article How to clear browsing data of Edge Legacy using Edge Chromium first appeared on...
  6. Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.: I have updated to Win V. 1903. Since the update it takes ages for Browsing Data to clear in Edge. Prior to the update it used to clear almost as soon as I clicked the button. Any thoughts please? 133872
  7. Edge displays blank screen & can't delete clear browsing data

in Browsers and Email
    Edge displays blank screen & can't delete clear browsing data: When I open Edge it opens to a blank start page & usually below I see weather time etc & customize & now I cant see anything. I went to Microsoft site & did everything it says. I also noticed browser slow also & not displaying many things on sites. I did a Internet Explorer...
  8. Why isn’t there any favourites? In Microsoft Edge…?

in Browsers and Email
    Why isn’t there any favourites? In Microsoft Edge…?: Colleagues and friends have been asking me where are my favourites form Internet Explorer 11 in Microsoft Edge. What a lot of people don't realise (i.e. the novice n00b is just being rude) Microsoft Edge is a completely new browser, it's not Internet Explorer 12 as some...
  9. Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Clear your Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and...
  10. Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows...