Windows 10: Why isn't file explorer not opening .exe's?

Discus and support Why isn't file explorer not opening .exe's? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i try to open any exe files on explorer it does the busy cursor then it doesn't open it? any fixes?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Skk4333, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Skk4333 Win User

Why isn't file explorer not opening .exe's?

When i try to open any exe files on explorer it does the busy cursor then it doesn't open it? any fixes?

:)

Skk4333, Jul 21, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 21, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Exe file slow to open

Possible... I had Kaspersky and ZoneAlarm, both, on different machines & times, misbehavin' and had to re-install them to set them right.
    Even after cleaning them out and re-setting them; they would still bog the file access times down and cause Windows Explorer (not ie) to be slow on opening and accessing, until re-installed.

If he turns off real-time detection it will not make any difference, as he has already been opening the file... he would/should have gotten an alert or warning if there were a problem with the file he is testing with.

Probably not; but, how much ram?
    What version of Windows?
    Where is you swap file located? What size?
    How full are your drives?
    What processor?
    Have you got the latest firmware for your SSD?
    Are your drivers up to date?
    Is your MB bios current?

Is the file an installation file, video file, etc? Does it use compression?

You need to goto User CP and put your system info there and then check the box to show the specs. The info will go a long way in helping some to diagnose your possible problem(s).

95Viper, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Why isn't file explorer not opening .exe's? - Similar Threads - Why isn't file

2. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXE file will not open: I recently had some software installed on my computer that was not running well so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but the EXE file would no longer open. I googled the issue which references registry issues but having followed troubleshooting steps it still did not...
  3. .exe files not opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .exe files not opening: I Recently Got Rid Of Malware On My Windows 10 Laptop, But It Doesn't Let Me Open Any .exe Files Anymore. It Gives Me The Error "Windows can't open this type of file.exe". Does Anyone Know A Solution To This Problem?...
  4. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  5. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  6. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. why isn't my file explorer work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why isn't my file explorer work: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/birdleaf6000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxa643/why_isnt_my_file_explorer_work/
  8. Opening exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening exe file: I have upgraded my windows 7 laptop from windows 7 to 10 and now I cannot run exe file by clicking on it or clicking run as administrator , the file doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-exe-file/a23ad151-4dca-47b8-8bcd-a9e25a4b44dd
  9. file explorer opens but it isn't shown to me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer opens but it isn't shown to me: This problem has affected me of late without any updates. Whenever I open something, set it on chrome and having a folder open minimized it does not appear to me when I click on it at all when before this was not an issue whatsoever. The image below is before I have clicked...
  10. Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file: I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified...