Windows 10: why isnt gpedit on my win 10 system ?

Discus and support why isnt gpedit on my win 10 system ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; why isnt gpedit on my win 10 system ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bruceweigert, Oct 29, 2019.

1. why isnt gpedit on my win 10 system ?

why isnt gpedit on my win 10 system ?

:)

bruceweigert, Oct 29, 2019

2. GPEDIT is completely ineffective in Win10 PRO

Hi joeyberger,

Sorry for the delay in response

What specific setting did you change in gpedit?

Do you face the issue only with gpedit?

We suggest you to run this command and check.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • After the SFC scan, Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Oct 29, 2019
  3. gpedit crashes with error "found an error in a snap-in"

Hi,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issue with gpedit, this issue might happens due to missing or corrupted system files.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows + R keys, to open
      Run command.
    • Type cmd and hit Enter to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the command "sfc /scannow" without the quotes
      and hit Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 29, 2019
  4. tcebob Win User

Gpedit problem

I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc I got the attached message
    The program ran after I dismissed the message twice but did not display the needed choices. I took a shot at editing the referenced file but couldn't save it because it's in Windows directory and is protected. (I am the Administrator). How can I fix gpedit?

why isnt gpedit on my win 10 system ? [​IMG]

tcebob, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. why isnt gpedit on my win 10 system ? - Similar Threads - why isnt gpedit

2. why isnt my windows updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why isnt my windows updating: hello,pls help me. my laptop does not want to update and its been months. im not sure whats wrong. and now suddenly my 16gb ram laptop gets slow sometimes. pls help...
  3. WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?: My hp laptop touchpad was glitching at first about 2 days ago , today it worked and was still glitching then it just stopped working and the mouse pointer is not showing on the screen anymore . The “Touchpad” in the Settings> Devices isn’t there anymore and “Mice and other...
  4. Why my system restore point isnt working properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my system restore point isnt working properly?: According to my Dell assistant program, I have many many system restore points, but Windows 10 only show a handful, EVEN after I created a monthly task to create automatic system restore every month!...
  5. Why my system restore point isnt working properly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my system restore point isnt working properly?: According to my Dell assistant program, I have many many system restore points, but Windows 10 only show a handful, EVEN after I created a monthly task to create automatic system restore every month!...
  6. Why my system restore point isnt working properly?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why isnt my windows 10 activating.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why isnt my windows 10 activating.: hi everyone can you please help me with activating my windows10 pro. i have the product key but it keeps showing me that it cant activate because its unable to connect to my organisations server. i dont even know what this means....
  8. GPEDIT For Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPEDIT For Win 10 Home: Hi,.......I've installed GPEDIT.MSC for Win 10 (20H2) . When I open software settings it is empty. I wonder if this is the way it is supposed to be? I used the bat file attached and ran as an administrator. [img] Thanks 177115
  9. Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?: ok i'm stuck on this problem: i want to run a sample file.bat when my pc shuts down. I have added gpedit.msc on my machine via some batch file and added my .bat script in there. For some reason it won't execute the script when i shutdown my pc. I think is because i have win10...
  10. my gpedit is not run.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my gpedit is not run.: I very try to run my gpedit but is not found in my windo 10. way it can be possibal ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-gpedit-is-not-run/17913733-edb5-4eac-a192-166a07d9f631