Windows 10: Why isnt it letting me unmute??

Discus and support Why isnt it letting me unmute?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Okay so I'm pretty sure I have a Windows 10 laptop, and so I have a mute button and for some reason, it's not letting me unmute.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jaslynn luv..002, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Why isnt it letting me unmute??

Okay so I'm pretty sure I have a Windows 10 laptop, and so I have a mute button and for some reason, it's not letting me unmute.

:)

Jaslynn luv..002, Aug 30, 2023

2. unmute microphone in taskbar

Hi Ruth,

This issue might have been caused by a misconfigured settings or incompatible driver. For us to unmute the microphone, please follow these steps:

• At the system tray, right-click on the volume icon.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • On the Sound window, make sure that you are on the Recording tab.
    • On the list of recording devices, double-click on your microphone device.
    • Properties window will open. Click on Levels tab.
    • Increase the Microphone slider to maximum.
    • Click the speaker icon next to it to unmute the microphone.
    • Click on Apply, and then click on OK to save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Aug 30, 2023
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Can't unmute microphone?

Hi,

In general, the microphone is on mute. We'd like to clarify following steps that you've done and ask you a few questions:

• When you unmute the microphone, is it via Recording tab under
      Recording devices?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are there any newly installed applications that may have caused this?
    • Is this an on going issue or recent?

Erika Aro, Aug 30, 2023
  4. Huxley2k7 Win User

Why isnt it letting me unmute??

High pitched squeeking when mic is unmuted?

Just got a pair of Roccat Kave headphones, 5.1.

When i unmute the mic, i hear this very high pitched squeeking noise, which gets worse the louser i turn up my volume. This happens when unmuting from the remote on the headset and unmuting via the windows control panel.

Running them off realtek HD audio.

Any ideas?

Huxley2k7, Aug 30, 2023
Thema:

Why isnt it letting me unmute??

1. Why isnt it letting me unmute?? - Similar Threads - Why isnt letting

2. Laptop isnt letting me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop isnt letting me sign in: It first started when i booted up my MSI laptop, microsoft didnt recognise my email at first, even though i had internet, and would ask me to create a new account. I tried doing so, but then it finally recognised i had an account with that email, but would still make me...
  3. Laptop isnt letting me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop isnt letting me sign in: It first started when i booted up my MSI laptop, microsoft didnt recognise my email at first, even though i had internet, and would ask me to create a new account. I tried doing so, but then it finally recognised i had an account with that email, but would still make me...
  4. Why isnt it letting me unmute??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isnt it letting me unmute??: Okay so I'm pretty sure I have a Windows 10 laptop, and so I have a mute button and for some reason, it's not letting me unmute. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-it-letting-me-unmute/5b6d79fa-016f-42a3-80f3-e4ee6eccfe16
  5. minecraft isnt letting me login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft isnt letting me login: im trying to log into my microsoft account but whenever i press that button, it tries to load the login screen for the microsoft account. it flashes onto the screen for less then a second and then just disapears as if i havent pressed the button. idk why but it may have to do...
  6. minecraft isnt letting me login

minecraft isnt letting me login: im trying to log into my microsoft account but whenever i press that button, it tries to load the login screen for the microsoft account. it flashes onto the screen for less then a second and then just disapears as if i havent pressed the button. idk why but it may have to do...
  7. Password Pin isnt letting me login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Pin isnt letting me login: I know the pin to my pc but I havent been on in a couple of days and I decided to hop on I boot it up and all everything seems normal then once I get to the login screen I type in my pin it highlights the pin and doesnt let me login and then the pc restarts after a minute or...
  8. Password Pin isnt letting me login

Password Pin isnt letting me login: I know the pin to my pc but I havent been on in a couple of days and I decided to hop on I boot it up and all everything seems normal then once I get to the login screen I type in my pin it highlights the pin and doesnt let me login and then the pc restarts after a minute or...
  9. My pc isnt letting me restart,

My pc isnt letting me restart,: So I am on a dell latitude e6410 and when I try to go to advance options and restart nothing shows up. It is telling me to ask a administrator but when i log in my administrator account nothing works please help me restart my laptop....
  10. My pc isnt letting me restart,

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc isnt letting me restart,: So I am on a dell latitude e6410 and when I try to go to advance options and restart nothing shows up. It is telling me to ask a administrator but when i log in my administrator account nothing works please help me restart my laptop....